Forgot Username

Solved!

Forgot Username

XophR
Casual Listener

Hi, I forgot my username for spotify original account, I can log in using facebook but I still do want to know my spotify original account username, where can I see the information about that? Can anyone help? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Hafgrimr

Login to the Desktop app and go to your profile. Right click on your name and 'copy HTTP link'.

Paste that link somewhere and you'll see your spotify username, which is a large, random number.

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

camden-2

Yes, but you cannnot log in without it!

giuseppe2002

same problem here

Bella41

Hafgrimr

Hi! I log on to spotify by hitting the "log in with facebook" button, and when i look on my account overview, i can't seem to see my username. Where is this displayed? All i see is my e-mail etc.. help would be appreciated, as i need my username for an ongoing error report with Premium. Thanks!

Solution!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Hafgrimr

Login to the Desktop app and go to your profile. Right click on your name and 'copy HTTP link'.

Paste that link somewhere and you'll see your spotify username, which is a large, random number.

osorniosRock Star 24

View solution in original post

ez6
I have got a new phone and I transferd everything from my old phone to my new phone. When I logged into my Spotify account on my new phone is cancelled my payment of £9.99 months so I then start the payment again £14.99 something like that, however that didn't work is still showed as free account so I then cancel my payments after trying everything I could to get it to work.
I decided to get £9.99 premium and that didn't work and I know that all the payments went through because I received email receipt. !!!!!! HELP

Gabii_8160
Casual Listener
Try doing the Premium again btw. Can you chek out mine?

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ez6,

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosRock Star 24

Nadia_monroy

ccastanedaf52

I have a this problem: Recently I logout from my Spotify App on my iPhone. When I try to login, I don't remember my account. I have a Spotify subscription from iTunes. I try to look for my account on emails, iTunes, etc. but I couldn't find it. For that reason I had to create a new account (this), but I lost my playlists. Please, help me finding my account to close it and export my list to this new account?

Thanks in advance.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@ccastanedaf52

You can log into your spotify profile on your browser here with your email, your username will be displayed after you login.

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosRock Star 24

rosytessely
Casual Listener

thanks ... this solved my problem

christinezhou
Regular

everytime i tried to click on the log in with fb on the app, it keeps taking me to spotify in safari ????

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@christinezhou

Ah, I see. Facebook's login system is very unreliable at times.

You can login to the Desktop app using your facebook email (the one that gets all your notifications) and facebook password.

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for facebook (past or present). That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on facebook anymore.

Once you have this new account, customer support will help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

osorniosRock Star 24

christinezhou
Regular

oh ok, i see what you mean now.

Once i have signed up for a new account. I am using premium at the moment, will you able to help me to move all of my playlists and subcription over 🙂

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@christinezhou

Not me personally, but someone from Customer Service will for sure.

Are you still in contact with someone there? If not, you should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out migrating all your settings to the new account.

They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosRock Star 24

christinezhou76

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP PETER 🙂 

Just sign up for a new account 

Victoria12311
What happens if I used an old email and don't Remember it and also don't have face book

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @Victoria12311,

It's best to reach out to Spotify Customer Support by using the alternative form. They can sort this out for you.

Please note that if you're logged-in, log out first or else it will use the e-mail adress attached to that account.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

JalalHQazzaz77
I know my password, but I can't log in because I don't have my username. This happened after my phone did the automatic updates.
SUGGESTED POSTS