Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting "Error: Forbidden" while trying to access spotify.com.

Getting "Error: Forbidden" while trying to access spotify.com.

My Question or Issue:

I cannot access Spotify.com or any of its subdomains using my home's static IP address, it looks like my IP address has been blocked by Spotify for unknown reasons.

Full Error:

"Error: Forbidden

Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server."

image_2023-04-09_185657192.png
7 Replies

Hey @FarivarT ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Is there any way for you to get a different IP address, by restarting the router, for example? 

I also recommend making sure that your browser is up to date and that you're not using any VPN.

Let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for replying,

As I mentioned my IP address is static so, no I can't change my IP address.

I checked this on multiple browsers and devices and actually when I use VPN it works perfectly but as soon as I turn It off the problem comes back.

Hey @FarivarT ,

Thanks for letting me know.

I've had someone from Spotify take a closer look at your post, and unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about this. I would recommend asking your internet provider if they can provide you with a different IP address.

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for your reply,

No, I get 403 only when I'm connected to my home network and using a specific IP address, as soon as I switch to mobile data on my phone or connect for example to my workplace's network everything is fine, or even when I use VPN it works.

As for contacting my ISP, I think the problem is not on my side because I can ping spotify.com but when I try to access the website itself it shows a 403 error so I think there is a very good chance that my IP address has been blocked by Spotify.

Hey @FarivarT ,

I understand that your IP might've been blocked by Spotify, but as already mentioned, there's unfortunately nothing that can be done about it except obtaining a different IP address.

MaximSpotify Star

No, can't you operate to remove these IP?

Hey @jsbsiw ,

There's, unfortunately, nothing that can be done about it except obtaining a different IP address.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts