Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card - Oops something went wrong

Gift Card - Oops something went wrong

I tried getting an e-card from the gift section, but every time I try I get a message "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our testing help area"

Is this a known problem?

9 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Strange, are you sure you're typing it right and you bought it from the official Spotify website?

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can look into it for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Does this happen when you press continue on the first page or after you enter your payment details?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

After the pressing continue on the first page

I'm having the same issue and it's been like this for over a week

@chunghau - If you could get in touch using the link Anthony posted above the support team can look into this for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same issue and it's been almost two weeks and no resolution

I'm having this issue no matter which spotify website I go to (uk, us or au). I'm logging in with Facebook so maybe that's the problem? It seems impossible to buy an online gift card through Spotify.

@martsie 

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I bought a gift card around this time last year and it didn't work the first few time - same "Oops" problem. After trying it a few times a day for a couple days it eventually it worked.

I'm trying the same thing again topday and I'm getting the "Oops" error message again. I tried it on mutiple devices, but the same problem is happening again.

Seems to be a recurring problem with the spotify web site. I would think spotify would want to fix this because they must be losing money...

Just sent an email to sportify support. I'll see if it helps.

Suggested posts