Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help with Family Plan

Help with Family Plan

I setup an account for my wife but mistakenly started the free premium trial so it seems that the Family invite code I have for her does not work.

Can you please downgrade her account to the free basic account so that she can use my family invite code? I can't find a way to delete the account and start over or manually revert to the free tier.

4 Replies

You'd actually need to cancel her current subscription and then re-up with the family one. I recommend waiting for the trial to run out so you get the most for your money. If you need help converting right now, you can contact Spotify Support to get it handled. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi,

I'm having 4 accounts today for me and my family. For obvious reasons I'd like to move to a family plan. How can I do this without losing anyone playlist? Any detailed process here? 

Thanks for the help and BTW family plan was long awaited. So great move!

Hey there - you actually want to delete the subscription and then sign up with family. You don't lose anything that way. - Steps above should work.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

All you need to do to migrate to a family plan is:
- Cancel all of the accounts current subscriptions. The account who is going to be the admin for the family plan can upgrade directly without cancelling.
- Using your existing accounts, set up the family plan.
- Invite your other accounts.

Please bear in mind, a Spotify account needs to have dropped to Spotify Free before it can accept a family plan invite so after cancelling a subscription you need to wait until the account uses up all remaining premium days.

Since you are using the same accounts, everything will be as before with your playlists and Spotify social etc. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts