Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I change playlist creator NAME?

How can I change playlist creator NAME?

Hi everyone,

I've been searching through the hundreds of topics and found a few with a similar problem but no solution to it. Not in any of them.

I want to publish a really cool playlist that I've made, but it shows "created by" my full given name (First Name and Last name). I much rather want it to show my username instead. When editing the playlist, I can edit everything but the creator name. 

Then I tried to just change my name in my profile settings, but it only lets me change my username, password and address. My full name must be saved somewhere else, where I don't have access to.

Any help with that? I really don't mind Spotify having my full name in their data, but I don't need it published on playlists.

3 Replies

If you´ve made the playlist you should change your name by going into account settings! 🙂

In my account settings is no option to see or change my given name.

Hey @alohajane.

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help 🙂

While it is not possible to change you username or change the way it appears on your playlists, you can connect your Facebook account to your Spotify account - that way, your Facebook name should appear beside your playlist instead.

If you need help in doing this, this is how.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any luck. I'll be right here.

Take care,

P

Suggested posts