Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I pay for premium using a direct debit?

Solved!

How can I pay for premium using a direct debit?

Hi,

I've recently opened a bank account that requires two direct debits be in action for the account to give interest. I have one set up for my phone, and thought I could use the second one as an excuse and opportunity to get spotify premium. So... basically how on earth can I pay for this by direct debit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... as the lack of phone number for customer support is a tad frustrating!

- Ewan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

there is no way you can directly pay my dear. use your paypal account or credit or debit card. direct payment is not an option.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi Ewan, I'm not entirely sure as to what "direct debit," is, so I may ask some dumb questions, but bear with me and I'll see if I can help! xD

Do you have a debit card that's issued from one of the major companies (ie. Visa/MasterCard or AmericanExpress/Discover)? If yes, then you should be able to use the information on this card to complete the transcation for Spotify.

Would you be able to use your payment method to transfer funds to PayPal? Paypal is one of the means of paying for Premium.

Or, if none of the above work for you, you can buy a Spotify gift card and pay for premium through that.

As far as I am aware, those are the current options availible to you. If you are interested, you can read up on the Payment Methods FAQ page to get a little more in-depth knowledge on it. Let me know if you have any othe questions or comments! 

Marked as solution

there is no way you can directly pay my dear. use your paypal account or credit or debit card. direct payment is not an option.

You can pay your subscription through PayPal, and set your paypal payment method to be direct debit from your bank account.

Then you have a gaurenteed direct debit each month. 

Hi Froughi,

What you are saying is called pending payments, that is different from direct debit. Pending payments, you set it from your account. Direct debit, the company to which you owe money does a request to your bank for a recurring payment.

I am also interested in having a direct debit for Spotify, since many banks in UK give interests if two direct debits are set on the account. But unfortunately it looks like this is not an option for Spotify

Suggested posts