Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I move my playlist from one account to another?

Solved!

How do I move my playlist from one account to another?

I don't want to share it because I want the playlist to be completely removed from my original account. I want to create a new account and move that playlist there. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'd suggest you to simply dragg your playlists on your desktop/a folder from your old account, then sign out and sign in again with your new account.

Now you only have do trop them to "new playlist" and your playlists are back.

You may also take a look at this blog post, with a gif image which shows you how to do it.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Community-Blog/Post-of-the-Week-Moving-playlists/ba-p/97223...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there,

I'd like to get some more details to help you properly.
- Do you sign in with Facebook on your old account? If yes, would you like to login with your new account via Facebook?
- What playlists would you like to get transfered? A specific one (please name it) or all your playlists?
- How about premium? Does your old account still have a premium subscription?

Thank you!

Thanks for your help. Answers below:

-I do not have a facebook account.

-I want to transfer just one playlist called NathanMasterPlaylist

-I have a premium subscription on my current account and will have premium on my new account.

Marked as solution

I'd suggest you to simply dragg your playlists on your desktop/a folder from your old account, then sign out and sign in again with your new account.

Now you only have do trop them to "new playlist" and your playlists are back.

You may also take a look at this blog post, with a gif image which shows you how to do it.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Community-Blog/Post-of-the-Week-Moving-playlists/ba-p/97223...

Thank you for the recommendation!

Hi guys, 

I've read the tips for this problem in this thread as well as others, and wanted to share the EASIEST, LEAST HASSLE method. I just went to https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/?contact

and went to Technical support, and sent them an email, with my request. I received a reply very quickly, and within a couple of hours, all of my playlists and folders were transferred over. My old account wasn't closed (they only close it if you ask them to), and the folders were MOVED, rather than copied. Correspondence from Spotify below. Excellent customer services. Why waste time doing it yourself manually?

Hi there,

Thanks for confirming your new username xxxx. We'd be more than happy to update your account , don't worry.

Yes, we can help you move your playlists, account/playlist followers, and songs in Your Music to your preferred a account. We just need you to verify you’re the account holder for the new account.

(You can just pick one, no need to send them all)

• Order ID (you’ll find this on your Spotify receipts, available on your account page)
  • The earliest Spotify payment receipt you have available (you can find this on your account page)
  • A screenshot of a Spotify payment on your bank statement

We'll be waiting for your reply so we can go ahead and get this done for you. Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care,

Laarny

Spotify Customer Support

Suggested posts