Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I remove my credit card information?

How do I remove my credit card information?

I've just cancelled my premium subsciption and want to delete my credit card info. I've searched everywhere and couldn't find an option to do it.

It seems like Spotify does not let you do it, and it's just horrible service!

sf1.png
4 Replies

Hello @across!

Thanks for reaching out. When you cancel your Premium subscription and your account reverts to Free, your card info will be automatically removed.

Hope that helps clear things up 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

According to Spotify's website, you can delete your credit card information from the account page under the "Payment" section. You can also reach out to Spotify's customer support team for assistance with deleting your credit card information.

It's also worth noting that it's a common practice for companies to keep the credit card information on file, even after the subscription is canceled, for security reasons and in case of any future payments. However, it's important for the company to comply with legal requirements for data protection, such as GDPR, and delete the data when is no longer necessary.

If you continue to have trouble deleting your credit card information or have any concerns about data protection, I recommend reaching out to Spotify's customer support team again, they will be able to provide you with further assistance and explain the company's policy regarding this matter.

Hey there! If you're having trouble finding the option to remove your credit card information from Spotify, don't worry, I'm here to help. While Spotify might not make it immediately obvious, you can still remove your credit card details. The best way is to reach out to Spotify's customer support directly. Hope that helps!

I've just cancelled my spotify sub and have a few days left, but every time I look at the app I get a prompt to resubscribe and I see my card details. It's basically harassment  and you are making the app unusable. if this is the way you treat longterm customers I will never never come back. On top of that I am unable to remove my card details. I'm really disappointed. 

Suggested posts