Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I unsubscribe from Spotify Premium?

Solved!

so I do not have to pay more?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can unsubscribe over on the subscription page.

Click on "View Your Options" at the bottom, under "Manage Your Subscription", and you should see the option for Cancellation right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Strange. Could you try another browser or incognito/private mode? If that doesn't work, please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

View solution in original post

33 Replies
Marked as solution

You can unsubscribe over on the subscription page.

Click on "View Your Options" at the bottom, under "Manage Your Subscription", and you should see the option for Cancellation right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

How do I know that I have unsubcribed? do I recieve an email? My account still say spotify premium even though I unsubribed.

Hey,

If you head to spoti.fi/1fruWnT it should tell you when the subscription will expire under 'Subscription Status'. 

This is what it said even though I went throught the process to unsubcribed already. 

"Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-05-16 and charged $9.99 + $0.00 Sales tax every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time." , What do I do?

I have the same problem! Any solution? Thanks

What problem exactly @VicB83 ?

I just want to cancel my subscription. I follow all the steps as per https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/subscription/cancellation/ but after I "authorize using facebook" I don't get any confirm of the cancelation and https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/overview/ it says Your Spotify Unlimited subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-06-25 and charged 4,99 € every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Marked as solution

Strange. Could you try another browser or incognito/private mode? If that doesn't work, please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Thanks. It worked with Chrome! 

Great - thanks for letting me know 🙂

Hi I am trying to cancel my Premium subscription free trial and the directions say to go to my "subscription page" and click on "view my options."  The problem is that there is no "view my options" on the page so what do I do?  I'm really frustrated that I don't have a number I can call to talk to a real person.  I will be charged if I don't cancel my subscription by tomorrow and I will be very upset if I am charged!

Is your account showing as premium in the subscription status box on your online account?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am not using facebook to use spotify how do i cancel my subscripson in 2014 there is no view your options button on the subscriptions page

Look up to the messages above or go on spotify on the Internet. You can then log in and cancel in many ways
The account title of premium or free ow whatever will change when premium time is over
For you the 16th

I unsubscribed couple of months ago. But I am still paying. I unsubscribed again today. But the tricky part is Spotify is not sending a mail saying I am unsubscribed . This is so frustrating and tricky

I subscribed but Spotify is not sending confirmation email And when I checked back after 3 months they are still charging me. I subscribed again today. In their UI they say they unsubscribed but no confirmation mail. tricky business , right?

Sadly spotify makes you click "unsubscribe" not once, not twice but three times simply to stop it. It's sleazy criminal activity on their end to try to fool those in a hurry so the end up thinking it's cancelled but get charged next month.
Then spotify doesn't respond to email queries or on the forums when it's inconvenient for it. I'm launching a class action against this crappy corporate.

Yeah I know

Went to page but this option is no longer available I am finding it almost impossible to unsubscribe

Suggested posts