Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to make all playlists private?

Solved!

How to make all playlists private?

I want to reply to this thread, but I can't.

I made a thing to make all your Spotify playlists secret.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Eric, what happened to your glitch for bulk-editing and making all playlists private?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey jdmtype - I updated the glitch project URL without updating this thread. I've updated the link in the original post, which is also here. Sorry about that! 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching to the community.

You can't reply to the thread because it's 5 years old 😃

And that 5yr old thread is the first result on google, obviously, and it gives no hint that there is a solution.
( https://www.google.com/search?q=spotify+how+to+make+all+playlists+private )

I think that is a problem.

Worked like a charm, thanks Eric.
But it took some time to find it 🙂

Hi there @chipbite,

Thanks for your post and pointing that Google search result out.

Community threads stay open for a long time, as some users might find a solution to their issue even after years. These threads become archived, and even though they're still readable users won't be able to add comments.

You're always welcome to start a new thread or Idea in the Community if you want others to see it if you need help or have questions.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Eric, what happened to your glitch for bulk-editing and making all playlists private?
Marked as solution

Hey jdmtype - I updated the glitch project URL without updating this thread. I've updated the link in the original post, which is also here. Sorry about that! 

This seems really great, but doesn't seem to work anymore.  I'm getting "Site didn't respond" error.

how does this work because i thought I would be able to do this and then make some of my playlists public but it wont let me 😞

@jeanlucgodardfan the app sets all your playlists to private one time only. You should be able to toggle playlists public again afterwards.

Yeah, this is complete BS. Not only does this NOT work, but it's another example of how Spotify is MORE THAN HAPPY to dig their grubby, greedy hand into your pocket and not do a damn thing about your privacy. Pretty tired of these huge companies using MY PRIVATE INFORMATION to enrich themselves.

thank you so so so so much!!

Hi, i used this glitch the other day, but I'd like to reverse it and am unsure of how to do so? Is there a way to get rid so that my playlists are able to be viewed on my profile again? thanks 🙂

I'm similar - this worked super well, but almost too well. I used this as I had way too many playlists and wanted to easily reset them all to private, then pick ones to make public from there. But it seems to have just made all of them irreversibly not visible to others (even those I click to make public). Is there a way to reverse perchance? Or does it change a setting that I can go back and change in Spotify directly to make them visible again?

I'm scared to use this, since other users have reported they're subsequently unable to make their playlists public after running this script - @ericandrewlewis are you able to confirm further details of the functionality? 

How long does it take to update? I've just used it and my public playlists are still private

I mean my private playlists are still public!!!!!!!

Suggested posts