Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to submit my band to Spotify playlists?

Solved!

How to submit my band to Spotify playlists?

Hi Guys,

Anybody know the best way to approach getting your own bands music on New Music playlists that suit your bands genre etc?

Thanks

🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @majathebee, welcome to the community!

The best place to start is to first get your band verified, which can be done here! Once you are verified contact Spotify directly through their Artist Contact Form and select "Promote Your Artist" as the first option. They will be able to discuss what they offer in terms of campaigns and promotions and how everything works. I wish you the best of luck!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @majathebee, welcome to the community!

The best place to start is to first get your band verified, which can be done here! Once you are verified contact Spotify directly through their Artist Contact Form and select "Promote Your Artist" as the first option. They will be able to discuss what they offer in terms of campaigns and promotions and how everything works. I wish you the best of luck!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Cuz Jones checking in...

Quick question.
What's the best way for indie musicians to get verified? https://open.spotify.com/artist/0gwM8lA2ZhAhIz5RgwtI6Z

Hi Merik! 

Thanks for the info... however what if we can't get varified because we don't have enough followers on spotify 😞

As a band we've had a large number of streams so far and surely this is enough? We're trying to progress to the next level and getting more playlist opportunites will be a great stepping stone! 😄 

Regards 

Elliot 

https://open.spotify.com/album/7vpKtqSiVsG8HdXBYKKi45

Hey Elliot,
I was in the same boat not too long ago (not verified). I found that posting on my social accounts asking fans for a follow, reaching out to my email list and just in general focusing some serious, targeted and repeated effort towards the cause did the trick. I just became verified last week. Didn't take too long. Best of luck! And thanks for posting this question. I just submitted a request to Spotify to hopefully get on a playlist. Fingers crossed. Followed you too BTW 😉

How many followers did you get for this?

I wanna get on a playlist too 😞 BTW, just followed you

Use the online distributor DistroKid. They have instant verification of spotify artist profiles and allow profile editing and also unlimited uploads for $20/year

Suggested posts