Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can log in on phone browser but not on app

Solved!

I can log in on phone browser but not on app

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung galaxy A40

Operating system

Android

My Question or Issue

I restarted my phone and it logged me out of spotify. It says the email and password combination is incorrect and I get an error message when I try to log in with facebook. it sent a link to my email and i clicked it and it said it was expired and it isn't sending me another one when I click to resend. I can, however, log into the browser version.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ironicCryptid,

Welcome to the Community!

We recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the app following the steps described in this article. It's also a good idea to log out everywhere

If that still doesn't work try resetting your password from a private/incognito window in your browser and see if you can create a password through the password reset email. After that, you should be able to log in with your email address and password.

Note: The email address on your Spotify account may be different from the one on your FB account if you have changed it at any point. You can always check which email address your account is linked to on your account page

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @ironicCryptid,

Welcome to the Community!

We recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the app following the steps described in this article. It's also a good idea to log out everywhere

If that still doesn't work try resetting your password from a private/incognito window in your browser and see if you can create a password through the password reset email. After that, you should be able to log in with your email address and password.

Note: The email address on your Spotify account may be different from the one on your FB account if you have changed it at any point. You can always check which email address your account is linked to on your account page

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

that worked, thank you!

Suggested posts