Premium

Country

Italy but I'd like to change to Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android Oreo but I'm not sure

My Question or Issue

So, I've been using my Spotify free for a while in Italy because I live there, now I'm in Brazil for almost 3 months and here my father and family use Spotify Family and then I'm using an old Spotify account without all my playlists and stuff because it already has as country Brazil.

I'm trying to change my main account's country that is connected to Facebook and when I go to my profile to change country I only see Italy. I read on internet that it would appear automatically the option Brazil but it doesn't.

I changed my phone's language to Portuguese, tried to change my Facebook stuff to Brazil too and it doesn't appear there. 

Please help 

Screenshot_20181219-102103_Chrome.jpg
3 Replies

Hey!

I would suggest trying out changing the country on computer and if that doesn't work then you can try VPN, either on your phone or your computer. You can't probably change it because Spotify still detects that you live in Italy. If none of the above work try deleting your cache.

I hope that helps. Cheers

Hi and welcome to the Spotify Community,

I would suggest following these steps on your phone, but also if that does not work, try a different internet connection or a different device, Incognito mode also sometimes helps.  Here are the steps:

If you're on our free, ad-supported service you can use Spotify in a different country for up to 14 days.

To change your settings for the country you’re in:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Happy Listening,

Jack

Note: I am not a Spotify Employee.

Hello! I suggest logging in on a personal computer to change the country. There are options on your phone, but the computer is easier to access settings.

Suggested posts