Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant unblock my friend :/

I cant unblock my friend :/

I've done some looking around online and other people are having the same problem. It must be new because I remember an 'unblock' button. I want to share my playlists with my friend and I can't until there's an option to unblock. I feel like the ability to block someone should be accompanied with the ability to unblock.

18 Replies

Hey @BonelessRope,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

If you've contacted our Customer Support team to block a user, the process cannot be undone or reverted. However, if the blockage was made by yourself on the Spotify app, you can unblock that user.

You can do this by going to that user's profile in the mobile app, hitting the 3-dot menu, and selecting the option Unblock. After unblocked, the system will give you a pop-up notification confirming it.

In case you don't have this option, include in your next response a screenshot where we can see the missing option, along with the make, model and OS version of the affected device to keep investigating.

We'll be on the lookout,

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, this profile was blocked by me, however, I would like to unblock it, for my activity and playlists to become available to it again, however, the unblock button does not appear, only appearing the button written "block", that when pressed only appears pop-up to confirm the blocking, not occurring the unblocking at any time. Well, I ask for help, thank you in advance. The profile I want to unblock https://open.spotify.com/user/31otpznw7m2ftb7pg7il6xx3eufi?si=98143b7f30fd4b76.
the profile I want to unblock https://open.spotify.com/user/31otpznw7m2ftb7pg7il6xx3eufi?si=98143b7f30fd4b76.

Hey @filipepfr,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you're seeing the block option in the menu that might mean that you've already unblocked the user. Can you please both log out and back in a couple of times and ask the user to check if they see your playlists?

Keep us posted.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

I have the same problem. I accidentally blocked my friend and now I can't follow her back. I never saw an unblock button it always showed me a block and follow button. When I try to follow her on my phone it follows for a split second then goes back to "follow" and on the PC the follow button won't even work. she still can't see my profile, so I am pretty sure she is still blocked. It has been like this for almost a month, and we both logged in and out thousands of times. 

Hey there @sılaerol,

Thanks for the post.

Can you send us a screenshot of how your friend's profile page looks like when you click the 3-dot menu next to their profile picture. (Mobile) It would also be helpful if you include your phone's model + OS version and Spotify app version.

If you've blocked them, you should see the Unblock button. 

Note that if they've also blocked your profile from their account, it might not be possible to unblock eachother.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-07 at 15.01.39.jpeg

2022-11-07.png

Hi, thank you for replying!

I will add screenshots from both my phone and laptop for more info. My phone's model is Samsung A50 and the app version is 8.7.78.379
I am sure that she did not block me but only I did. Even though it looks like I did not block her I still cannot follow her, I tried it again as I was taking these screenshots.

Hi -- I am having the same issue - the blocked account is not visible to "Un-Block" when searching profiles.  However, I did scan their QR code and was able to locate it, however - there isn't an option from the 3-dots to UNBLOCK -- I've tried on both Desktop and my Pixel 7 device.  

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've tested this on our end but we couldn't reproduce the issue. Would it be possible to try again with a different device (different platform) and a different internet connection (by a different provider)?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator

Hi,

The problem won't seem to go away even though i tried everything you said. I still cannot follow my friend when i log in from different sources.

Hey @sılaerol,

We've forwarded this to the relevant team at Spotify, however we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, make sure to keep you app up-to-date.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

Hi,

Thank you for the fast reply. My friend and I are waiting for the solution. Today her likes on my playlists got removed and she cannot see the playlists also a follow button popped up on the 3 dot area but I still cannot follow her no matter how much I try—just an update.

If you are unable to unblock a friend on a particular platform, it is best to check the platform's help center or contact customer support for assistance. They may be able to help you unblock your friend or provide more information on the issue. Additionally, you can try logging out and logging back in to see if that resolves the issue.

I accidentally blocked a friend, when I go to search his name his profile doesn't come up, so I can't unblock him. I have tried on both mobile and desktop.

Having the same issue. Both myself and the other profile blocked each other and can no longer find the others profile to unblock.

Bumping for visibility.

Having the same issue 😞 When I search for their username on my phone, it comes up but does not populate any profile when I click on it (dead page). When I search on my laptop, their profile does not even come up. Side note, I believe both the other profile and I have each other blocked.

did you ever resolve this? hoping spotify support can override a mutual block.

I never did and also want this issue resolved!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

We really appreciate the time you took to let us know this. In this case, we'd suggest that you double-check on your mobile devices' settings your blocked list. You can follow these steps:

1. Swipe left or tap your profile picture. Tap Settings and privacy.
  2. Go to Social.
  3. There, located Blocked. You should tap it.

It looks like this:

There, you should be able to see all the users you've blocked:

From there, it's possible to unblock them, by tapping Unblock. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

We hope you found this helpful. We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts