Country

Germany

Device

Pc

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, Cant login into spotify webplayer anymore. everytime I try to login it gives me this dam error message!. 

INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI

Pls help me, this has been going on for 2 months. Thought spotify would fix it.. but apparenlty not. the internet doenst offer any good solutions. 

Thanks in advance, have a great day.

Spotify.png
5 Replies

UGH SAME SOMETIMES IT WORKS SOMETIMES IT DOESNT

From Github: Hi @lonnibesancon - you need to go into your dashboard on Spotify for Developers, select your app, and add the redirect URI to your app by clicking on "Edit Settings".

Hey there @Zurku and @qw-_wir1wokug,

Just jumping in here to add some extra info to what @bkstober suggested.

Have you tried opening the web player in a private or incognito browser window? Sometimes the cache and cookies stored on your device can cause such behavior and this is an easy way to avoid them. 

If that doesn't do the trick, you should also check your host file for Spotify entries. This Spotify Answer has detailed instructions on how to do this. 

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As said "realdark" on stackoverflow: I forgot to add slash after redirect_uri. Redirect url need to be eq with the url from the white list.

P.S. His answer helped me and not what I read on this help page!

@RifmaMan "I forgot to add slash after redirect_uri" solution is helps me. Remember that you should add "/" both to spoty dashboard settings and local in your app

Suggested posts