Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incomplete Student Discount Subscription

Incomplete Student Discount Subscription

Hi there!

I tried purchasing the $4.99 + tax student discount today and after inputting my card info and my name, school, zipcode, it said "We were unable to validate your student details. Please check your status and try again.". I tried multiple times, putting my nickname instead of my full name and it didn't work. I tried sending them a picture of my school ID but they said that did not work.

I checked my bank account and there is a pending charge of $4.99. So it charged my account but I do not have premium, even after logging out and logging back in. I received no Spotify receipt email and I emailed them hours ago asking for help and clarification. Should I try re entering everything in again?

Allie x

6 Replies

I've had the same problem. However, I did enter it in again 5 times trying to see if it would work. It's charged me every time. So definitely don't put it in again. 

Same thing happened to me. I thought I had to use my .edu address but I still could not get verified.

I just got a fraud alert email from my credit card company. I have a total of SIX pending $4.99 charges from Spotify.
What gives? I tried emailing them, but all I got back was to check the Community Forums for help.

So every time I tried signing up for a student account I got charged. I wanted to try to get verified manually but I don't want to get charged again.

I had this problem too and emailed Spotify, they replied saying it may have charged another account since they couldn't find anything linked with mine. I'm not sure whether this is a possibility for you guys, but I don't have any other Spotify account so I'm not sure what is going on here.

I went ahead and linked them to this thread in my reply so hopefully we will have an answer soon.

Same sh** is happening to me. Spotify customer service is a F****** JOKE, you cant email a single question to them, it just says "f*** you go look up the answer yourself." pretty much. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO HANDLE CUSTOMERS. Fix this.

I've been corresponding with Spotify support and they're insistent that I must have another account that was charged. They responded to my other email saying "We couldn't find your account with the details you've provided" when I was asked to send a list of every email account I have.

Now they're having me send the names of all the users in the folder on my computer. Which is only my one account.

Back to square one it seems.

I too am having this exact problem. I've done other research on it and I think it might be a fraud charge

Suggested posts