Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Invalid Zip Code (Canada) - Can't Upgrade to Premium. Case #02556140

Solved!

Invalid Zip Code (Canada) - Can't Upgrade to Premium. Case #02556140

CASE #02556140

EDIT: I know there's no solution right now and the "Spotify staff are looking into this". I'm keeping this post here to act as another vote to get it looked into faster.

I'm trying to upgrade my free account to premium before my trip in 2 days - I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me with 15 year old music on my current phone.

When I get to the pament information screen and fill out the fields I get an "Enter valid zip code" error message. I've been researching a solution for the last 3 hours and nothing seems to work. I've tried:

• Entering Postal Code in ALL CAPS
  • Entering Postal Code in all lower case
  • Entering Postal Codes from my past houses
  • Making up Postal Codes
  • Switching browsers (currently using Chrome, tried IE)
  • Entering 90210
  • Entering 11111
  • Entering the numbers from my Postal Code + 00
  • Throwing my laptop
  • Submitting a Contact form
  • Replying to automatic no-reply email from contact message
  • Tweeting @SpotifyCares - they said to enter in all lower case
  • Logging in with FaceBook - said I already have an account with that email address

It appears that this has been an issue for a long time and I'm in absolute disbelief that it hasn't been addressed. What's worse is that 2 of my friends, one of which lives down the street from me and has a similar Postal Code, have upgraded without issue.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO...

62 Replies

OH MY **bleep**ING GOD THANK YOU KIND PERSON THIS **bleep** FINALLY **bleep**ING WORKED!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!!

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

Check to see what Country your Spotify profile is registered to.

If your credit card does not match the same country it won't work.

Good luck

Thank you. I've been a premium member over a year now. Not even sure how I corrected it.

Suggested posts