Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

some new ads have appeared since the new year, and I'm finding one in particular really difficult to llisten to, for Kanzi apples, I have misophonia and can't stand the sound of eating noises, I find the apple crunch sounds in the ad quite distressing, is there a way to block that specific ad? I don't mind hearing others on a more frequent rotation or whatever

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there!

At the moment, it's not possible to filter adverts in Spotify, however, Spotify's working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for users. Make sure to add your votes and comments to this idea and hopefully they'll consider implementing an advert filter soon.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there!

At the moment, it's not possible to filter adverts in Spotify, however, Spotify's working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for users. Make sure to add your votes and comments to this idea and hopefully they'll consider implementing an advert filter soon.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don’t think it’s possible... 

Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken, adds are only blocked when you have Premium on Spotify. I would recommend emailing Spotify to speak to them about this issue, as they can give you a better answer. 

Can we please stop advertising horror stuff like the Brighton Asylum one I'm working till like 1 or 12 and i dont want that in my head

I am using Lucky Patcher to block annoying ads, you can also refer to this app.

i mainly listen on pc but thanks its because i was up past 12 so many
nights and they were playing fjking horror stuff

Unfortunately I don't think its possible to block ads yet the only way to get rid of ads is if you upgrade.

I also suffer from misophonia. The latest fad of ASMR that typically features whispering? Yeah, that spikes my problem so very uncomfortably. As in, I have to stop myself from tossing my headset across the room. The ad that bothers me the most? The stupid Hair Food one. Can we please flag certain ads to not repeat multiple times per day?? I don't mind ads, but I DO mind my problem being triggered several times a day. 

Hey everyone,

We understand that you're not happy about some ads on Spotify free. The best way to go about this is and make yourself heard, is to add your vote to this idea, as suggested by Jose_M.

In the meantime, you can try updating your privacy settings, so you won't be hearing tailored ads anymore. This has worked for some users in the past. For full information on this, we recommend you check out this post by proxpreon.

We hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you're having any other questions 🙂

PetyaModerator

Thanks for your comment. Solidarity, miso friend!

Just to chime in... I listen to Spotify at work. I generally do not mind the ads. it is a nice break up and most are pretty pleasant. It is wholly inappropriate for my computer to literally SCREAM "Hey, it's your period!" over. and over. and over again. I had to turn my music off. It's embarrassing and I cannot afford to pay for this service. I will be switching to Pandora if it doesn't stop....

Hey there @reesenjenn,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

In this case, we'd recommend adding your feedback in the idea @Jose_M shared. To find out more about how your feedback reaches Spotify or how ideas get implemented, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer

In the meanwhile, as a workaround, you can try opting out of tailored ads by heading here, like @Petya suggested in a previous post. You can also find more info about privacy settings here.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

That would be great. I'm a teacher and I let my students make playlists. We listen to Spotify almost daily. It rather, uh, awkward when the commercial about erectile dysfunction comes on...

ha

Suggested posts