Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there another way to verify my age?

Is there another way to verify my age?

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 12

My Question or Issue:

Hello,

I am a Spotify user on Premium plan. I am using Spotify Korea. 

Since yesterday, the app won't let me listen to music that is "suitable for age of 18 or above" and is requiring me to verify my age via mobile messenger. However, I am currently staying abroad(Hong Kong), so I am unable to receive texts from my Korean number. Is there another way to verify my age other than using my phone number? 

I am unable to listen to most of the music that I enjoy listening to... it's very frustrating. Please help :')

3 Replies

Hey @sasohn99 ,

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Unfortunately, there's no other way for you to verify your age. You could, however, change the country setting of your account by changing the payment method to one that's been issued in Hong Kong.

Once the payment method has been updated, your country setting will be changed on the next billing date and you won't need to verify your age until you're back in South Korea (or when you start using a South Korean payment method again).

https://support.spotify.com/article/country-region-settings/

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am in Korea. using 2 accounts. one does not have any problem with explicit content. both have a Korean payment method.

@ShadowLee11,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts