Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with my spotify assigned country not matching my profile

Issue with my spotify assigned country not matching my profile

Hi,

I hope someone is able to help. I have downloaded spotify at work and it was working fine for a while, although I had Spanish adverts! now each time I log on it says "your country does not match the one set in your profile. to continue use, update your profile or upgrade your spotify account for unlimited travel." I have checked my account settings and it says I am in the UK which is correct so I am confused as how to rectify this issue.

Is anyone able to offer some advice on this?

Many thanks,

Irene

4 Replies

Hi Irene and welcome to the Spotify Community.

Do you work at a multinational or something which is using a connection going through Spain? (for technical people it's called a VPN)

Because if so, Spotify can get confused.

Please let me know. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Hi Flixx,

Thanks for the message and welcome! Yes I do work at a big mulitnational company. I dont know if they are using a connection through spain, how can I find out? if this is the case is there anything I can do to get spotify to understand I am not in Spain, I am in the UK?

Thanks.

I think you have to ask your IT manager if he uses a VPN connection through Spain, and if so, ask him to change it to UK. If he replies there's no VPN connection, check if your computers' 'region settings' are set to Spain instead of UK, you can find it in your computers' Control Panel under Region settings.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Thanks Felix. I will speak to my IT manager then about it.

Thanks for your advice.

Suggested posts