Country

Malaysia

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Good day. Please pardon my English.

So I have issues with my data privacy. Well, to be frank I always perform email check on the google search engine upon my own email address. For reports or any public usage upon my own emails. So when I search for my email that I used for spotify, I found out there's a bunch of paperworks upon Spotify Renewal Family Plan and there were tons of valid spotify accounts with their respective passwords.

What's more shocking was I found my own account, with my email and my current password. Upon instant anxiety seeing my own account had been leaked, I rushed to change my password. Luckily I haven't encounter any severe breach, only previous few password-change attempts. Now I know where did people get my spotify account information.

I don't know if spotify team had already work on this leaked spotify accounts, but please take some actions. I pay for premium plan here, why does my account's data wasn't protected?

Here is the URL into the accounts leak: *snip*

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

there are some site's that hack people's accounts and then give the passwords to people so they don't have to buy spotify themselves. and this probably happened to you. by changing your password you solve this problem.

i hope this was helpful 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @syirahsi ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You've taken the necessary steps to protect your account after spotting this. And I'd like to thank you for reporting this.

I've passed the info onto the right people at Spotify 🙂

Also, you can check out this support article on how to keep your account safe. Account leaks usually happen because of third-party app/service breaches. 

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

there are some site's that hack people's accounts and then give the passwords to people so they don't have to buy spotify themselves. and this probably happened to you. by changing your password you solve this problem.

i hope this was helpful 

Marked as solution

Hey @syirahsi ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You've taken the necessary steps to protect your account after spotting this. And I'd like to thank you for reporting this.

I've passed the info onto the right people at Spotify 🙂

Also, you can check out this support article on how to keep your account safe. Account leaks usually happen because of third-party app/service breaches. 

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts