Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Living on SBA in Cyprus.......

Living on SBA in Cyprus.......

Hello,

i I have been unable to log into Spotify for the past few days as it says I am abroad.  I currently live in Cyprus on SBA, and having done a bit of research I can see that Sovereign Base Areas come under the UK.  I therefore should be able to access Spotify as if I am in the uk.  I have emailed customer service and am awaiting a reply, I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this,

many thanks

MrsA

7 Replies

Hey there @Mrsappleton and welcome to the community!

This is odd. Are you on the free ad-based version or do you have a Premium subscription?

You could make sure that the IP address is not cyprian though, even if you are in a SBA.

Hope this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi K,

I am on the free ad based version and my country is set to United Kingdom.  But it still won't let me log on.

thank you for responding.

Hey again,

Could you check if the internet IP you're using is cyprian or not? It could be that since it's cyprian, Spotify thinks you are in Cyprus. You could check that through a website like this for example.

Let me know how it goes 🙂
K

Hi,

unfortunately as our internet is supplied by a Cypriot company, we automatically get a Cypriot IP address, but we got round that by subscribing to Smart DNS proxy.  This has worked perfect up until recently.

we can still watch everything uk related, it's only Spotify which now thinks I am abroad.  It's very frustrating as Spotify as a company, say we are under the UK.

Hey again!

Have you tried one of the following:

• Manually changing your country to Cyprus from your account settings? You can do it from here.
  • Seeing what happens if you change your Proxy settings in the advanced settings within the client? Click your User pic>Settings> Advanced Settings > More advanced settings. If everything else works ok, maybe checking the firewall too is needed.

Did this help?

K

Thanks again k for your help, I appreciate your patience on this matter!

i have attempted to change my country to Cyprus.  I only get 2 options.....  UK or USA.  So have left it as the UK.

all settings for the proxy are UK.  like I say, I don't want to change too much on the DNS proxy as everything is working fine.

anything else to possibly try?  I am now at a loss......

MrsA

Just to give an update for anyone else who is having this issue or has this issue in the future.

spotify will not work for me as, even though they state they allow Spotify to work in Sovereign Base Areas, they do not allow it to be used with a VPN or IP changing app.  So as I am using DNS proxy, I can't receive it out here unless I pay for the premium service which I will not do.  

i have now moved to another music provider which seems to be working great.

Thank you and goodbye!

Suggested posts