Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files

Local files

Is there no loanger an option to add a local file? I've searched this forum for 2 days now and 'Local Files' isn't an option from the settings. 

Please advise.

Thanks!

5 Replies

Hey @dadiva1908, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Spotify does support local files.

Just download and install a Desktop clien of Spotify. Then go to Settings and find Local Files, enable them if you have the songs already there or add another source if your local songs are on another location other from those already offered in Settings 🙂

Navigate on the left panel inside local files and select all (CTRL+A for Windows or Command+A for Mac) or just some of the songs you want then right click on one of the selected ones to add them to a new Playlist. Your new playlist should be synced to your phone. To find it just go to Your Library in the Playlists section. Tap on your new created playlist and on the top right tap on the … and enable the Download option.

Note: This proces will take some time to complete if you have a lot of local files added 🙂

Hope it helps!

Edit: You can also read this FAQ to learn more about Local Files 🙂

Hello, 

Thanks for the quick reply. Is Desktop client different from the webplayer? If so, where would I find Desktop client to download it?

Appreciate your help!

Hey @dadiva1908,

I linked it in my previous post in the keyword download, but here you here it is again:

http://www.spotify.com/download/

Yes the Desktop app is different than the webplayer as it is a more complete package of Spotify given that it is locally installed on your PC/Mac 🙂

If you need help just ping me 🙂

Thanks so much!

I did as you suggested and get local files on the left side. How do I go about adding a song to it? I don't see an option of what to do next.

Suggested posts