Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Location (error code 408) error - I'm in US, it says I must update profile...to US!

Location (error code 408) error - I'm in US, it says I must update profile...to US!

I'm a free user located abroad but using a VPN to be located, virtually, in the US. Account was working fine (for over a month), then suddenly logged me out and says "error code 408" and "you're not logging in from you the location in your profile/go change your profile."
BUT when I try to change the profile it says "you can only set your location to the country you're in" and it gives me the US as the only option. 

So...Spotify both says I'm NOT in the US and that I AM in the US...at the same time!

Please help? 

1 Reply

Hey @LAK157,

Welcome to the Community!

If you're on the free, ad-supported service you can use Spotify in a different country for up to 14 days. When you're abroad for more than that, you'll need to update your country settings to match your current location. You can also upgrade to Premium to listen anywhere for as long as you want without having to change country settings. 

To change your account's settings for the country you’re in, make sure you're following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend giving it another try to follow the steps above:

And a heads-up: Spotify doesn't officially support connections through VPN. If you're having troubles, I'd recommend turning it off.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts