Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging into Spotify on Think Pad laptop using Samsung account

Logging into Spotify on Think Pad laptop using Samsung account

Hello all,

I have a Spotify account on my Samsung phone which I log into with my Samsung account. It all just automatically logs in. However, when I open the Spotify app or website on my Think Pad laptop there is no option avalible to log in using my Samsung account information. It only displays Apple, Facebook etc. I cant find an answer to this anywhere. There is also no option on my phone to link the account with a desktop? I'm utterly lost. I'm in the UK if that changes anything. Thank you.

3 Replies

Hello @Pomshka!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community, I'll be here to help you out. When you link your Spotify and Samsung accounts, there is an option to easily log into Spotify from your Samsung devices, meaning you don't have to type the login details.

You should still be able to log into your Spotify account manually typing those same details in any other (not Samsung) device. If you can't remember your password, you can try having a password reset by entering your email here.

I hope this helps and make sure to let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Cheers @Jose_M,

I have the same issue but fail to find what login credentials are used to log me in to Spotify. My Samsung Account speaks of a gmail address, but using this one doesn't take me to the same Spotify profile. The on-Android-phone app only tells me the nondescript profile name consisting of first and last name, nothing I can log in with. So how do I go about logging into the same Spotify profile which I carelessly started on the Samsung Android phone?

Thank you!

Hey there @TomTheBob,

Thanks for the post.

You can check if the methods listed in this FAQ article can help you reset your password so that you can use that to log in. 

If you can only reset the password to the other account connected to your listed email address, and not your original account, let us know.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts