Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging out of all devices does not log out of Google Home Mini

Logging out of all devices does not log out of Google Home Mini

So I connected to a google home mini sometime ago, I think it was at a random party of a friend of a friends - I actually don't totally remember...but anyways I now have little means of communicating with the other party which I want to point out first.

That google home mini is still able to play music through my account (I see it playing through it in my application). So far I've tried signing out of all devices and changing my password. I even set a separate "device password" through Spotify that is a different, entirely new password. I have also went into my account settings to the Apps section and revoked access to Google and all its products to my account. I log back in, and I still see music being played on that Google Home Mini still, even though every other device I have in my own possesssion (phone and other PC) are logged out. I'm just absolutely floored by this google home mini's clear dominance. I have no idea what else to try, except deleting my account, and making a new one.

Its worth nothing I have a premium account which I know voice is only supported in premium, so I'm guessing the other person can just shout out to use the google home and has no better idea that they are using mine instead of theirs? Idk just a thought.

Any help at all would be so great!

3 Replies

Hi,

I'm sorry that the "sign out of everything" isn't working.  I think you have tried everything, unless you can somehow go to the actual google home mini and sign out.  If you can' do that, I would go here and file a report with Spotify, where they should be able to sort everything out.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hey,

You must unlink your Google account from the device in question in the Google Home app. Alternatively you must unlink your Spotify account from Google assistant in the Google Home app, but that will unlink Spotify for all Google devices.

Hi chipmuncky, 

In order to solve this issue, just proceed as other users have advised you on here

You have to unlik your Spotify account from Google Home

You can unlink with these steps:

1. In the Google Home app, tap the menu in the top-left corner.
  2. Tap Account preferences, then Linked media accounts.
  3. Select Spotify and tap Unlink Account.

Let us know how it goes.  

Suggested posts