Login with facebook not working

Solved!
Highlighted
16 people liked this

Login with facebook not working

WRX_1989

Unable to login to spotify desktop app (windows 7) with facebook login credentials.

9 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 20 people liked this

Re: Login with facebook not working

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

If you log into Facebook.com and then select the "Music" tab on the left hand side under "Apps" and click any Spotify link your Spotify client should launch with you already signed in ;)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Solution! 55 people liked this

britta22
Casual Listener

Actually, this solved it for me:

The "sign in with FB" button doesn't work, but you can simply enter your Facebook username and password instead in the standard sign-in fields.

Solution! 14 people liked this

tv187u

I FIXED IT!!!! I found the issue. I have been fiting forever to get this to work. 

I kind of fixed it....

It all lies with a setting in my Chrome. I suuspect it was the ad blocker add-on which I do not have installed on other web brousers. However I do not have any issues on any other computer but this one. And all my chrome settings are the same on other computers. I will have to check the default web brouser settings on those computers. 

By changing my default web brouser to E or firefox, both allowed the desktop app to open a brouser to log into Facebook. 

Solution! 4 people liked this

vinisantos

Right on!

My problem was Ghostery, the plugin I have installed on Chrome.

I simply enabled "Facebook Connect" and the button started working.

Thanks!

Solution! 5 people liked this

Re: Login with facebook not working – ABROAD ?

international_g

hey folks,

If you’re staying abroad for more than 14 days, you’ll need to change your country settings to continue enjoying your tunes.

https://support.spotify.com/bg/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-set...

Change country settings

If you’re leaving the country, you can take your Spotify account with you.  

• With our Free service, you can use Spotify in a different country for 14 days. 
    If you’re staying abroad for more than 14 days, you’ll need to change your country settings to continue enjoying your tunes. See the steps below!
  • With Premium, you can use Spotify anywhere in the world for as long as you like. You can even download your favourite music for when you don’t have an internet connection.

If you’d still like to switch to another country’s Spotify service, just follow the steps below. 

Change your country settings FREE ACCOUNTS

1. Log in to your account page on our website. 
  2. Select EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list. 
    Note: The dropdown list will only display the country of your current location. 
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Note: Availability of music differs between countries.

Solution! 1 person liked this

Tone4

I cannot log in, what do I do ?

Solution! 5 people liked this

jamalok123
Casual Listener

I can't log into my spotify by using the facebook login. I also have try to go into my facebook page and try the following commands which was listed as a solution. Is there anyway to get my account back because it seem it completely block me from login.

Solution!

ngoc6561

Call me at this number please is **** (edited for security)

Solution!

Claire03

Hi everytime i tried to login using my facebook app, its giving me a message that i can only use spotify 14 days in abroad whilst it doesn’t make sense coz even

downloaded this app in the UAE

216 Replies
Solution! 20 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

If you log into Facebook.com and then select the "Music" tab on the left hand side under "Apps" and click any Spotify link your Spotify client should launch with you already signed in ;)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Laiki
Casual Listener

This did solve my login problem, TYVM.  I don't see a "Solution" button, but I did give you kudos.

Rax2ht1

I tried this but it never worked all i want to do is try the 30day trial but will not let me log in via the web using fb credentials any ideas? 

Joe
Community Legend

Do you get any error messages?

5 people liked this

kdavis28120

Spotify keeps telling me to go to the Community pages and find the answer.  I haven't "Found the Answer" and I've done each of the items I was told to do.  All I'm asking is for Spotify to send me a link so I can reset my password.  Why is Spotify unable to fulfill my request?

Klakwa

I'm also unable to login via facebook (and unable to get the premium via mobile app since i need to change my credit card data). Trying to log in by web player just hangs in there (the loading icon appears and nothing happens). Same stuff happens when I'm trying to log in into the spotify.com website. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.1 

Any ideas? 

Joe
Community Legend

@kdavis28120 You've lost me but, just follow the instructions here. If you have problems, please post again saying what went wrong and details of any error messages.

Joe
Community Legend

@Klakwa Can you try a different browser? If that won't work, try from an incognito window in Chrome.

berserkus

Sorry, but your link to the solution does not work, gives error 404.

And your suggested solution only works for the web player. I think most of us here are concerned about the desktop app.

Changes are not always good...

SUGGESTED POSTS