Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login with facebook not working

Solved!

Login with facebook not working

Unable to login to spotify desktop app (windows 7) with facebook login credentials.

217 Replies

What "Music" Tab? what if there isn't a "music" tab?

hey folks,

If you’re staying abroad for more than 14 days, you’ll need to change your country settings to continue enjoying your tunes.

https://support.spotify.com/bg/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-set...

Change country settings

If you’re leaving the country, you can take your Spotify account with you.  

• With our Free service, you can use Spotify in a different country for 14 days. 
    If you’re staying abroad for more than 14 days, you’ll need to change your country settings to continue enjoying your tunes. See the steps below!
  • With Premium, you can use Spotify anywhere in the world for as long as you like. You can even download your favourite music for when you don’t have an internet connection.

If you’d still like to switch to another country’s Spotify service, just follow the steps below. 

Change your country settings FREE ACCOUNTS

1. Log in to your account page on our website. 
  2. Select EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list. 
    Note: The dropdown list will only display the country of your current location. 
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Note: Availability of music differs between countries.

This is still not working for me. When I try logging on with my Facebook it keeps saying incorrect login etc. I was using my account just fine a couple of days ago. I tried the troubleshooting tips and was still unable to access my account. Please help! Thanks. 

I'm having the same issue - cannot log in through my fb account and I get incorrect username and password.

Tried changing country settings.

Tried logging to spotify using my fb username and password.

Tried delating Spotify from Fb apps.

Tried generating App Passwords on Fb.

Tried changing Fb passowrd.

None of it worked! Please help!

This worked for me! Thank you!

When I click "Log in with Facebook", it doesn't do anything. WHY

want to remove facebook connection

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my facebook to my current account but whenever I try I get the following message:

"Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later" (and yes I've tried on both my phone and on my laptop).

Seems like somehow they killed the desktop app. Literally none of the buttons work, and I can't make it do anything. No error messages, just a completely unresponsive app. 

Particularly frustrating since the web player is hot garbage.

UPDATE: After dealing with this for several weeks I just found something that worked for me. I updated my facebook password and signed using my full facebook email address (which is by all accounts on here, not what you're supposed to do) and it let me sign in.

Still seems pretty rediculous that the giant "LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK" button doesn't work, not does the "Sign up", "Update Proxy", or "Forgot Password" buttons. 

I tried to login with my fb account through the app on my note 5 and it said the username or password was incorrect then I tried signing through chrome and it said it redirected me too many times and too fix it by clearing all my "cookies" well after I did that and tried to sign in again it told me the same thing...what is going on?? please help!

Not helpful. Not working for me.

I went to facebook and the music thing wasn't there and I don't know my username or password because I used facebook to log in

spotify needs to help me fix this or give me a direct answer to  my problem. i've tried on various phones. it only lets me to it on desktop and not on any phone. I bought premium and i would like to enjoy it. On My Phone.

I've tried going in through the music tab under apps in Facebook which didn't work. I also tried to forget password and reset it but it took me to my other account. Both are under the same email but when I use the email as my username to log in with the app, it says that the account has already been created?

Hello,

I would need a help with login via dacebook account.

I still see this message:

Spotify desktop client communication failed.

Having trouble logging in to Spotify?

• You must have an existing Facebook-connected Spotify account to use the "Login with Facebook" button.
  • If you have a Facebook-connected Spotify account, you can also login using your Facebook email address and password as your Spotify username and password. (These won't be stored.)
  • Internet Explorer 11 users: to use the "Login with Facebook" button, add https://login.spotify.com to the Trusted Sites security zone.
  • Advanced users: in order to use the "Login with Facebook" button, ensure that login.spotilocal.com resolves to 127.0.0.1. Network security protections might interfere with this.
  • Still need help? Visit Spotify Community for more information.

Whot should I do?

Thanks

Soňa

Facebook is dwight e dunbracco
Password trudy1919 : phone # 609-780-5041
This is my primary account
Secondary account is the dwight dunbracco one. That is a tablet. I never had PREMIUM on my primary which is my phone. I never use my secondary that you had premium hooked to. Please fix and try even if you CAN give me a refund.

This is ridiculous. Do you make it this hard on purpose. I am willing to pay, please make it right
Primary e-mail: dwightdunbracco@yahoo.com
Facebook: dwight e dunbracco
Password: trudy1919
Phone #: 609-780-5041
Secondary same address 7"tablet
Facebook: dwight dunbracco
Password: louise62
Please make right.

I was having the same problem. Extremely frustrating...
I first disabled my Chrome Ad-Block extension, then signed in with Spotifty username and my Facebook password.
It finally worked! (Very, very frustrating...)
Best of luck.

Les.

I tried to reinstall Spotify but it doesn't work. I get a warning comment box titled:
 Spotify Installer:
The installer encountered an unknown error (error code 53)
So as of now, I can only get Spotify through my mobile phone and not on my laptop.

HELP....and I mean some help expert computer help
Peggy Palmieri Cefalu

Suggested posts