Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logitech UE Smart Radio - Can't Add Spotify because I use Facebook to log in

Solved!

Logitech UE Smart Radio - Can't Add Spotify because I use Facebook to log in

I just bought a Logitech UE Smart Radio. It has a Spotify app. But I have to either use the phone app or website to add this music service.

I log in to Spotify with Facebook. Smart Radio wants my Spotify username and password, but my Facebook username and password do not work. I tried changing my password, but also there nothing works. Can I de-link my account from Facebook? I have Spotify Premium. What do I have to do, cancel my account and start over? Or maybe just switch to a different service altogether?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks Peter, that helped me. I thougth it was the e-mail address. Got it to work.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

You need to set up a special device password and retrieve your numerical Spotify username to login via a partner device. 

Full details are here: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/connect-devices

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Okay, I understand that I need a numerical Spotify username and password.  The "device password" link on that page takes me to the "Edit your profile page." The only think there that seems vaguely relevant is the "Change Your Password" at the bottom. But that is not good. If I try enteing a new password, it will NOT accept my current Facebook password which is the only one I think I have. Is this really the correct page to go to from the "device password" link, it seems like it is the wrong web page.

What is your Spotify username on your online overview

Peter

Peter

pktaylor601

Marked as solution

Thanks Peter, that helped me. I thougth it was the e-mail address. Got it to work.

Excellent! Enjoy your music 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hello,

Same problem. Didnt understand where i can my spotify username.

Thank you.

Hello all

I have the same problem as pktaylor601,

I need a spotify username that is not my email or facebook name for my UESmart radio. But I dont find it.

The online overview given by Peter just takes me to the log in page of spotify.

Any help?

I have exactly the same problem, with the Squeezebox no problem, I switched then to UE Smartradio, and it is now impossible to connect. Also the app remotecontrol does not work it all.

I am using  the Logitech UE smartRadio as a SqueezeBox now and its working OK.  I dont know if it also helped that I am not using any longer a facebook logging. I aske Spotify to uncouple it from my account and export all my playlists. They did it quite nice but I dont have the unlimited account anymore, only the premium is available.

Hope it helps

I have the same problem but the links in peters solution don't work

Suggested posts