Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Moving from Country to Country

Solved!

Moving from Country to Country

Hi,

I have a problem. I live in Poland and I have set Poland as my country in Profle. I work for an American company and despite having an office in Poland we have an American IP - 15.195.xxx.xx and Spotify does not work (actually is stopped working after last update about 2 weeks ago) at my office.

Is there any way to have it working in both locations?

Thanks in advance!

Tomasz

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi tomjakpl - Are you only using Spotify at work? If you use it at home both work and home this shouldn't be a problem. 

You're allowed to travel abroad for up to 14 days on a free account. So long as you sign in on Polish IP address (such as at home) at least once every two weeks you should be ok. 

If you only use it at work we'll need to help change your account to the US. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Spotify Free goes by your IP geolocation so you should be able to change your country in your profile to USA and it should work.

Hi, unfortunately Country field is inactive. I cannot change it. In both Windows app and Web Player I get a notification that my country does not match one in profile.

Cheers

Tomasz

Edited:

One more thing - whatismyipaddress.com says that my country is Europe (IP address as in my first post), however, whatismyipaddress.com marks my IP location (on map) sometimes in Switzerland, sometimes in Germany).

Marked as solution

Hi tomjakpl - Are you only using Spotify at work? If you use it at home both work and home this shouldn't be a problem. 

You're allowed to travel abroad for up to 14 days on a free account. So long as you sign in on Polish IP address (such as at home) at least once every two weeks you should be ok. 

If you only use it at work we'll need to help change your account to the US. 

It works.

Hard to believe I have not used Spotify @home for two weeks 🙂

Thank you!

Tomasz

Glad to hear it! Give us a shout if you need anything else 🙂

Hi,

I just moved from the US to Turkey, so I am now on a Turkish IP address. However, Spotify won't let me change my country in my profile (it is grayed out, which the website says means that the IP address matches the country my profile says I am in). So I am unable to go online. Is there another way to change the country setting? Thanks!

Esin

@esinefe90 - Do you have any active subscription or any payment details attached to your account? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts