Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple accounts with same email

Solved!

Multiple accounts with same email

I have two accounts I think and can't seem to retrieve the one that has all of my playlists and whatnot.

My work PC was using the correct account and my home PC apparently was using a different account but with the same email (if that's possible). Some how since I linked with facebook it clobbered the account I was using at work and now I'm forced using the account that doesn't have my playlists and everything.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi dimxasnewfrozen,

The account with your playlists was the Facebook-linked one.  The system has automatically paired your FB profile with dimxasnewfrozen, but did not copy over the lists.

I have now transferred them over for you.  

Please let us know if you still get problems with this account.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have removed shadesofgraae and have set your Facebook-linked account as the main.  Could you please log out and then log back in?  That should refresh the client and let you use Spotify with the correct lists.

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi dimxasnewfrozen,

The account with your playlists was the Facebook-linked one.  The system has automatically paired your FB profile with dimxasnewfrozen, but did not copy over the lists.

I have now transferred them over for you.  

Please let us know if you still get problems with this account.

Hello, I had a similar thing happen. Both accounts use the same email, the one with my playlists is http://open.spotify.com/user/12122695499

Not sure if you can see, but the one I'm stuck with is 12125140727

Definitely sounds like a duplicate account issue @mavaje - If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can get this sorted out for you (this way you are guaranteed a response!) 😉

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Matthew,

You also have an account called mavaje.  Would you prefer me to merge all of the accounts into that one?

Calvin! I am very sure this is the same problem I am having, I have always logged into my account via Facebook, which uses afgrund@hotmail.com as the email/username. I tried today however and it logs me in as another account, (Display name: shadesofgraae) I used to use, It has the same profile picture as my original account but none of the playlists, facebook friends etc are visible. I can even search Patrick Graae, (which is the display name of my account im trying to recover and my Facebook profile name) and it comes up with the option for me to follow it.

This is my account im trying to get back http://open.spotify.com/user/1269566028

@user-removed wrote:

Calvin! I am very sure this is the same problem I am having, I have always logged into my account via Facebook, which uses afgrund@hotmail.com as the email/username. I tried today however and it logs me in as another account, (Display name: shadesofgraae) I used to use, It has the same profile picture as my original account but none of the playlists, facebook friends etc are visible. I can even search Patrick Graae, (which is the display name of my account im trying to recover and my Facebook profile name) and it comes up with the option for me to follow it.

This is my account im trying to get back http://open.spotify.com/user/1269566028

Hi,

Could you please try it again?  I have removed your Facebook profile from shadesofgraae.

That seems to have worked on some levels, thanks. But I can still search and find the profile with all the playlists and followers 

I can remove the shadesofgraae account if you wish - this only has 1 playlist.

Yeah, please do. If it helps, I don't know what you can see, but it has 5 playlists and about 6 followers. It has all the same facebook friends coming up in the activity feed, but it's just as if the one i am stuck in is a copy of the full account.

@Calvin wrote:

I can remove the shadesofgraae account if you wish - this only has 1 playlist.

Marked as solution

I have removed shadesofgraae and have set your Facebook-linked account as the main.  Could you please log out and then log back in?  That should refresh the client and let you use Spotify with the correct lists.

Hi Calvin,

That would be great, thanks!

I am having the same problem - multiple accounts - same email.  traciwebber37@gmail.com.  I have a Facebook account - I was chaning passwords and now the only account I can get to has many FEWER playlists.  It looks like the original account - but the old playlists show up when I "Login with FB"  VERY Frustrated that I can't get to my latest playlists (Which include 2-3 Dubstep lists - not on the "bad account").

PLEASE fix this.

Hi @trwebber If you get in touch here, the account team will sort this out. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

I have a similar kind of problem....the account im using now, that has none of my playlists etc., is: 11136692460

the missing account, that I want to use and  has all my playlists etc is 1153276984.....

Thanks for helping...

Two facebook accounts? 

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

not two facebook accounts but two different spotify usernames and i cant get to use my old spotify because of something that happened when i logged into spotify web player in facebook??..

i've already sent a message 2 times to that online help...only got this automatic reply.. but I'll try for the 3rd time..

thanks for your help..

STOP! Could you just reply to ONE of those automated mails. That will make sure your case reaches one of the support guys 🙂

Ok, thanks for your advice,

i replied to that e-mail that i got from spotify support team, no-reply@spotify.com, and will now wait for the answer...

hi!

i have the same problem. somehow it logged me out of my orginal account, so tried to just sign in with facebook. But they use the same email, and none of my playlists or songs transfered. I really want my orignal account back, i cant find it or figure out how to get to it. 

sarah.herington@live.com

Suggested posts