Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple users with same premium account

Solved!

Multiple users with same premium account

Hi, i have premium account, is posible create more users with the same account, like Netflix? So each users view different playlist

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, Waldomix!

Welcome to the Spotify community.

Unfortunately, Spotify does not offer the ability to "share" a Premium subscription with the same account.

You can share playlists with other Spotify users (https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Sharing-music), though. You can ask your friends/family members to start using Spotify for free (where they can share playlists and music with you), and then they can upgrade to Premium if they wish.

Again, welcome to the community!

- Chris.

Not all stars are composed of rock.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, Waldomix!

Welcome to the Spotify community.

Unfortunately, Spotify does not offer the ability to "share" a Premium subscription with the same account.

You can share playlists with other Spotify users (https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Sharing-music), though. You can ask your friends/family members to start using Spotify for free (where they can share playlists and music with you), and then they can upgrade to Premium if they wish.

Again, welcome to the community!

- Chris.

Thks Chris97!

And two different PC´s, with the same premium account, playing at the same time?

@WaldoMix wrote:

Thks Chris97!

And two different PC´s, with the same premium account, playing at the same time?

Hey there @WaldoMix, welcome to the community.

Per the terms of service, a Spotify account is only for yourself and you are limited to one stream at a time.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

That, unfortunately, is also not currently possible with one account.

This policy is set by Spotify to prevent abuse — where someone gets one Premium account and then redestributes it all over the Web.

It's still possible if you have two separate accounts (even if they're free, non-Premium accounts).

Hope you get Spotify setup the way you like, so you can start enjoying the music you love. 🙂

- Chris.

But what about the case where there is one account being used to stream music in a shared space?

Example: I have Spotify premium, and a Sonos player at home (A great combo, btw.), which my gf and I both use to listen to music. We listen to stuff we both like when we're together, but often listen to stuff we don't necessarily share the same enthusiasm for, when the other isn't around.

Spotify bases it's recommendations on what I've listened to and liked. What if I don't want recommendations colored by music that my gf listens to in my absence, and that I don't enjoy?

Seems there should be some mechanism to identify the current listener even if there is only one device streaming at a time.

There is a difference between abuse as in "dozens of streams at the same time" and household usage.  I get a feeling people will have trouble differentiating between an aggressive monetizing of it's user base and "Abuse protection". 

Agreed,

I mean, even if they have different accounts that merge together (like netflix) even if we pay a few dollars more...

Now in Argentina, we have spotify family, the 2nd account pay 50% off

why not Spotify Family in USA? 
I work at home ... my wife and I have a startup together and typically work in the same office ... weekends it's both of us together with kids, which is a totally different set of playlists.  Would love to have one account, pay for one service ... charge me a little more because I'm chewing on more data ... but make it easy.  I won't pay for two accounts.  But it's a very valid use case. 

Hi Chris, 

I'm a Premium user at $9.99. 

Sorry,  Duh moment here,  ... to have me son use at the same time I'd need to upgrade to Family $14.99?

Thanks

Yes with a family account you can add multiple people to spotify with their own lists etc. Think its up to 5 or 6 people total but all need to be on the same adres.

Suggested posts