Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music in our event

Music in our event

Plan

Premium

Finland

My Question or Issue

I am a student and as a part of my studies I am organizing an event with 5 other students. The event is free and there are going to be about 70-100 people participating. We want to play backround music in the event and we checked that we have to register to Soundtrackyourbrand which works together with Spotify. The problem is that we are not an organization and we can't register there without being a business. What can we do?

1 Reply

Hey there @tiqqman,

thanks for posting in the community !

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to use Spotify at public events. 

8 User Guidlines (EULA):

The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever:

• copying, redistributing, reproducing, “ripping”, recording, transferring, performing or displaying to the public, broadcasting, or making available to the public any part of the Spotify Service or the Content, or otherwise making any use of the Spotify Service or the Content which is not expressly permitted under the Agreements or applicable law or which otherwise infringes the intellectual property rights (such as copyright) in the Spotify Service or the Content or any part of it;

You can always check with you local copyright agencies in your country (list added here).

Hope this helps 😃

Suggested posts