Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify Has Been Compromised

My Spotify Has Been Compromised

I was out at work yesterday and i stopped by an under armor shoe store and popped my airpods in, all of a sudden my music starts skipping without my doing anything, i thought nothing of it and restarted my spotify. it kept happening so i was like uhh, okay, let me look further into this, and i checked devices and an unknown device was in there (Web Browser (google chrome)) i forgot the device and it continued normally so i thought i fixed it. today, however, the problem quickly grew and now it’s constantly switching devices, some of them i’ve screenshotted. I did all that i’ve could so far like resetting my password and logging out of every device but that does nothing whatsoever. please help. Oh and i forgot to mention, i got a spotify email saying i logged in somewhere in russia but i’m in the United States

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

669F9E01-DE2B-4A15-8A39-4A60302D7676.png
D0179252-E62D-410F-B34E-FAF7D132ED88.png
2 Replies

Hey @xgiian27, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this.

In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take. On that support article, there is an option to get in touch with Customer Support, who can help further. 

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist.

Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Change your password to a four-word one. Then, sign out of all your devices.
Example: catboxwatertable
those are extremely hard to brute force
However, there is a possibility that there is a virus on your device.
Getting a software to get rid of it is recommended if this persists for more days.

Suggested posts