Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify is showing the wrong username

My Spotify is showing the wrong username

Hi!

Since I've logged into my Spotify account on my mom's tablet it's showing her name next to my profile picture (the profile picture is mine though). I did log out of her tablet (and every other devices for that matter) and there's no Facebook linked to my account. It's been like that for several days now. Oddly enough, my profile picture is showing up on her account as well, but her name's right... 

Other than that everything is normal. I still have access to my playlist and my Premium, but the username/profile picture switch is really annoying. Can someone help me with that? 

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hi,

try to reset your IP once!

Kind regards...

Hey @samcardi.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Once you choose a Username or Display name, you won't be able to change it anymore and you'll have to create a new account. No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. Don't forget to cancel your old subscription though, in case you are Premium.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi Guido,

Thank you for your kind reply, but I didn't choose this username, this is a glitch or a bug on Spotify's side... My account overview is still showing my real username (samcardi) but the app on my MacBook and on my LG phone is showing another account's username (my mom's username). I don't know how this could happen, the only thing I did was log onto her tablet with my account, and when I logged out and came back to Spotify on my personal computer my username was gone and replaced with hers. 

This is really annoying, I don't want to close my account and cancel my Premium subscription for such a stupid bug that isn't even caused by my own actions. 

Hey @samcardi,

Just to be sure, can you go to your account page and check if you see different names there? Also, what happens when you choose Edit Profile, can you do something there?

Keep us posted!

Suggested posts