Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My country settings won't change - tried everything

My country settings won't change - tried everything

Plan

Cancelled Premium to join Duo with husband

Country - I live in the UK now, my premium account was set up in South Africa and my account still shows South Africa.

More details:
The help section said I need to ensure my Facebook country setting is also changed since I have logged in through Facebook. That has been changed for months to reflect where I now live. When I try to join duo using the invite link, and put in my address, it says I need to be in the same country. The drop down on my account settings won't allow me to change it (I have cancelled my subscription in case it is linking to my SA credit card). 

Not sure what else to do to change my country so I can join his account and we aren't paying more than we need to? I do not want to create a new account as I do not want to lose my music and podcasts - I've been using Spotify for many many years.

1 Reply

Hey @RobsTichy ,

Thanks for reaching out.

First of all, the country setting of your Facebook account doesn't matter. 🙂

Since you're currently on a paid plan, your country setting is based on the country where your payment method was issued.

You've mentioned that you've already canceled your subscription, so now all you have to do is wait until it has ended. Once it has ended, you'll he able to change your country setting through the dropdown menu here.

You'll be able to join the Premium Duo plan as soon as you've updated your country setting.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts