My listening history was ruined by a hacker, unable to clear it

Solved!

My listening history was ruined by a hacker, unable to clear it

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

My Question or Issue

During summer my Spotify account 'Dusmania' was hacked, causing tracks from Dan Richard and Kosso to frequently play. At the time I wasn't using Spotify much, and I thought it was a mere glitch, but when I noticed my 'rearranged' library in Fall, I took measures and changed my password which solved the issue.

The main issue I'm facing now is that my listening history has been completely demolished. and I can't seem to find a way to fix/clear it. This 'Kosso - Pak Koh' song has been played using my account for over 18 hours, making it my number 1 song of the Decade in Spotify Wrapped. This obviously made furiously.

I would be very grateful if my listening history of the time around summer, when these artists I mentioned were frequently being played, could be erased from my account's history.

I'd really appreciate any help you can provide.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Mitchem, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

According to this Spotify Answer

My 2019 Wrapped or playlist is wrong. Can you change it?

• We’re unable to update your stats or playlists since it’s based on your personal listening history. You can find out more about the reasons why you're not seeing what you expected here.

Although, if you think someone may have gained access to your Spotify account, I'd recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Mitchem, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

According to this Spotify Answer

My 2019 Wrapped or playlist is wrong. Can you change it?

• We’re unable to update your stats or playlists since it’s based on your personal listening history. You can find out more about the reasons why you're not seeing what you expected here.

Although, if you think someone may have gained access to your Spotify account, I'd recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts