Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify won't play without WiFi even though I have premium and playlists downloaded.

My spotify won't play without WiFi even though I have premium and playlists downloaded.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

7 Replies

Hey @1161915470, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try clean reinstall of the app? If that doesn’t help, please try a different internet connection. 

If you’re still having issues, please let me know your device name, operating system and Spotify app version?

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Missing the point here "Try a different internet connection"  The whole point of having downloaded content is so you can play it WITHOUT an internet connection, but if the App wont even open unless you have a connection its pretty pointless !

Hi @johnf52,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if you've switched on Offline mode from the app settings? This will allow you to play your downloaded content without an internet connection.

Let us know if that works.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can find no "switch" in Preferences that performs this function.
Please give detailed instructions on where exactly this should be.

Thanks
John

Hi @johnf52,

Thank you for your reply.

Since you've made a new thread about this issue you're having, we'll keep working on it there. 

Cheers.

MafeGModerator

Hi, I have the same problem. Have had premium for years and now all of a sudden my downloaded songs don’t play without an internet connection. Always happens on the underground! never happened before and never have I changed any setting. 

Hey @SP44,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To make sure we're on the same page and that the basics have been already covered, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues playing offline. Keep in mind that since this process deletes all offline content, you'll need to re-download it to listen offline.

After this, go to your app settings and toggle on the Offline mode and try again.

In case the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of the device involved, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to keep investigating this.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts