Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username has changed to a bunch of numbers instead

Solved!

My username has changed to a bunch of numbers instead

My Question or Issue

Hello there, couple of days ago my spotify username has changed to some numbers which are i think my i.d. or something. Also my profile picture has faded away. I can still log in with Facebook without any problem and see my friends etc but cannot seem to bring back my name.

- I have not deactivated my Facebook page, spotify premium or any other deactivation

- Has been a premium user for more than 3 years, such a problem never occured

- I may have changed some privacy data tick box in the account settings a week ago but i cannot remember if it was off or on (switched to on after this problem)

- I cannot reach out to facebook app settings nor from web or mobile, page does not load (maybe this is the real problem)

If anything i can do to change this i appreaciate it

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Operating System

Windows 10,etc

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sardoche23!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify has to be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Sardoche23!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify has to be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

I think that was the problem, I changed it yesterday and now my name has came back 🙂 Thx for the reply anyway.

Hey @Sardoche23! I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Back-to-the-music500px.gif

Suggested posts