Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Premium member, not getting premium benefits

Solved!

New Premium member, not getting premium benefits

I just signed up for Premium and was wanting to give the service a test drive for a drive I'm making across the country.  I'm flying to Texas tonight and driving back to Portland and would like to access the Premium service I signed up for before the flight.

Unfortunately, after logging out and back in on all my devices and performing complete re-installs on all my devices the premium service still has not synced up to my devices.  I've submitted a help ticket, but need a more immediate response as my flight leaves soon.

I'd like to be a spotify member, but I know I can sign up for google's music app and be downloading music immediately.  Hopefully the community can help me with a more immediate resolution.

Thanks!
Anthony 

66 Replies

hi! i'm a premium user yet in my iphone it seems to be a free account i was hoping that bug would be fixed with time and I've tried logging out and back in but it just isn't working it feels like I'm "wasting days" of an already paid subscription

or at least a free month for those effected

I agree that Spotify should do something for those affected by this issue. I paid for my subscription (along with others) and I am unable to use it. I do feel like I am, in a way, being ripped off.

Same here.

I upgraded to mpremium (Student). Ive tried logging in and out and deleting the app on my iphone and still says 'free' version.

I changed my password on my account, then tried logging in on my phone and I cant, I attemted to log in with my old apssword and it logged in however it is still on the "free" version. It is as if the account wont update on the apps (iphone and Mac). I use the same username however two different passwords, 1 password for the phone and laptop app, and a whole new password to access my account info online

Please Help

Hi, I just paid for a premium subscription but it seems like my account is still in free. Please remedy this. Spotify even sent me a receipt for my purchase. I've also tried logging in/out several times and even uninstalling/installing the program but to no avail. Thanks

Hey @paolodeyto 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Premium usually activates on accounts instantly.

There is currently a temporary problem with the server that is responsible for activating premium. Spotify is working on a fix.

Keep looking back on this forum for more information. This problem is being investigated and should be fixed as soon as possible. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey guys!

There is currently a temporary problem with the server that is responsible for activating premium. Spotify is working on a fix.

Keep looking back on this forum for more information. This problem is being investigated and should be fixed as soon as possible. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I tried logging in and out of the app, also did a reinstall but same problem. My online overview says I have premium subscription though. My username is flux007.

MattSudaSpotify Star

That's why. This is noted though. Is there a timeframe for the fix? Thanks!

i was so pissed lol, but server problems have got to suck please find a fix asap i love spotify and have been a user since 2011. 

@paolodeyto 

UPDATE:

I have just gotten confirmation that this problem should now be fixed. Please try logging out and back in. The fix might be a little slow, so please continue trying over the next hour or so.

Glad I was able to help with this.

Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

UPDATE:

Hey guys! I have just gotten confirmation that this problem should now be fixed. Please try logging out and back in. The fix might be a little slow, so please continue trying over the next hour or so.

I told you guys I was getting this looked into for you. Glad I was able to help with this.

Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

I also just signed up but in my case the search function is not working properly. Every second search I put in crashes the app. I need to restart then.
Can you fix this?

Hey guys, if you haven't checked your subscription lately, do so again. They rolled out a fix and a few people (myself included) have reported working subs. Hopefully y'all get what you paid for!

UPDATE:

Hey guys! I have just gotten confirmation that this problem should now be fixed. Please try logging out and back in. The fix might be a little slow, so please continue trying over the next hour or so.

I told you guys I was getting this looked into for you. Glad I was able to help with this.

Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

UPDATE:

I have just gotten confirmation that this problem should now be fixed. Please try logging out and back in. The fix might be a little slow, so please continue trying over the next hour or so.

Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

When will this be fixed?

UPDATE:

Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

UPDATE:

Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts