Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Normal Premium to Student Premium

Normal Premium to Student Premium

Greetings,

I currently am subscribed to a "normal" Premium account. I'm currently a student at Auburn University (War Eagle) and have heard that I could pay a lesser fee each month for my premium account. I don't want to lose all of my playlists or downloads by making a new account, so my question is, how could I go about switching my account from the more expensive premium to a student premium? 

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

Anyone?

Hey @Csbarnett2500,

Thanks for posting to the Community! You can find out more, and redeem a 50% Student Discount here. Make sure to be signed into your desired account when you purcahse it.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with,

Tim

Thanks for the response Tim!

When I click that link and am signed into my current account, it's asking me to input my credit card information. I'm afraid that I will be charged for my old premium subscription as well as the new student premium subscription. Is there any way to assure that won't happen? 
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply! 

As long as you're signed into the account you currently have Premium on (always a good habit to check), you should be good! If you're currently on Premium, the Student Discount with start applying from the next billing date. Once you've apply the Student Discount to your account, you have 12 months of the discount before you'll need to re-apply.

I suggest that you have a quick look over some of the articles listed here for some more information! It's quite helpful and goes over some important things 🙂

Cheers, and let me know if you need help with anything else!

Tim

Suggested posts