Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving reset password email

Solved!

Not receiving reset password email

I have been trying to get an reset email since yesterday, and nothing has arrived in my inbox.

When i am trying to follow the instructions from spotify to reset my password, they just ask me to type in the old password that i can't remember.. Frustrating! Can anybody please help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

grisebass - Hey! One of the team can get a new password sent out to your. Just email in here: http://spoti.fi/LcmHYK

Once you've done so, reply underneath with your case number and we'll chase it up.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

58 Replies

Hello, grisebass! Just a silly question before we go with this further, have you checked your spam folder?

Yeah, it's not in the spam folder either.. 😕

Do you have your account linked to Facebook? If so, you'll need to use your Facebook email and password to login. If you need to reset your Facebook and Spotify password (in case the accounts are linked) you can do this here.

If you are still having issues, just let me know. I will escalate this topic for someone from the Spotify team to take a look into.

I don't think i have my account linked to facebook. Originally i assigned my accounted on spotify.com. But now the only way i can access this page is via the facebook button on spotify.com.

That means your Spotify account is linked to your Facebook account and this is the reason as to why you are not receiving reset password e-mail. If you still want to reset your password, you will need to use this page. Please note that it also resets your Facebook password.

Edit:
You can also "Disconnect from Facebook" but the whole process a bit messy. Full instructions are here.

Ok, so now i just changed my facebook password. When i try to log on spotify via facebook, the page can't be shown. If it is of any significance im doing this on my mobile phone, because i don't want to log out from the spotify on my computer when i don't have a new password.

Would you recommend that i disconnect facebook, like you wrote in your edit?

Thank you so much for helping by the way!

Are you getting a blank page or a particular error when you login via Facebook? What mobile OS and browser you use?

Oh, i can see now on my spotify when following the disconnecting facebook guide that i am not connected..

"webpage not available"

All right. Grisebass, I will escalate this topic for you and someone from the team should be able to investigate this further. Please be patient!

Thanks!

Marked as solution

grisebass - Hey! One of the team can get a new password sent out to your. Just email in here: http://spoti.fi/LcmHYK

Once you've done so, reply underneath with your case number and we'll chase it up.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Spotify Case # 00927222: Account questions ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0UtulV:ref

@grisebass - looks like you're now reunited with your account. Awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I also have some problems resetting my password. I don't get any mail in my mailbox.

After having sent a support message I received the following ref:

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0VzzPJ:ref

Could you please manually send me a reset mail (user: nzo)

Kind regards,

Anders

@user-removed - Can you reply directly to that email with the reference in it if you haven't already done so? That will bump your case in the system over to an advisor for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I've been having trouble trying to reset my Spotify password-- I've tried to reset it but I never get the emails.. I have a case #: 00964731, and reference #:

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0VNS5T:ref

Could you manually send me the email? thanks.

@salrobinson wrote:

Hi, I've been having trouble trying to reset my Spotify password-- I've tried to reset it but I never get the emails.. I have a case #: 00964731, and reference #:

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0VNS5T:ref

Could you manually send me the email? thanks.

If you could reply directly to the automated email with the case number in it (even if its from no-reply) that will bump your case in the system over to an advisor who can give you a hand with this 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Great, thanks, will do! can't wait to get the music back on...

Suggested posts