Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies

@Lewys wrote:

Mine is doing the same thing, so if someone could please click the magic reset button I'd appreciate it.

It's pretty annoying having it bomb out and it does it reasonably often. If you're away from Wi-Fi or a decent signal, it's pretty pointless.

Ok, I've reset them for you.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I am having the same problem with my offline playlists constantly being disabled on various devices. How do I fix this??

Can you please tellme which devices you show on my account? I had to redownload the app on my hp phone today and when I resumed the playlists I received the 3 device message and everything was unsymced...

elrealcachavach - I'm having a little trouble with the devices on your account. Please get in touch via our contact form and we'll go into this further.

Jennthesuperher - we're seeing 1 iPhone and 2 Android devices. Would you like these all removed?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Richard - Thank you. I have contacted tech support through the contact form and provided the details of the devices I use. Prompt follow-up would be appreciated, as this issue is getting very frustrating to constantly lose my offline access to playlists.

can you please delete the two Android devices? Thank you.

Jennthesuperher - Done and done. Let us know how you get on.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Could the same service be extended to me? Having constant trouble with this: spotify on four devices, offline on three of them, but two of them keep having to battle it out every time they go online. Following devices should have offline playlists: Mac, iphone, Nokia n900 (dunno what this will show up as, perhaps linux). Thank you.

Having the same problem. I have owned no more than 2 devices on which I had spotify mobile, and I use only one. Seems like after updating/restoring an iphone spotify recognizes it as a new device. Please help me.

Necronaut - There seems to be 2 Windows computers and your iPhone listed for offline use, would you like me to disconnect any of them? We can clear them all if you'd like.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I only have Spotify on my computer and my current iPhone. But have recently reinstalled windows and restored my phone, due to not being able to sync offline on my phone. I suppose you can just clear them all. Thanks.

Necronaut - I've removed the 2 Windows computers, so you don't have to sync all those playlists on your iPhone again. Should also stop the trouble you're having.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks a lot. I seem to be unable to synchronize my offline playlist on the phone tho. Its stuck at Syncing 1 of xxxx. Have restarted and even restored my phone.

Necronaut - Just moved a few bits about in your account, can you give syncing another go?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Still the same I'm afraid. Have tried checking and unchecking which playlists to sync. Enabled/disabled wifi. Connecting through different usb ports etc.
Marked as solution

Necronaut - Just tried something else (that was me who logged you out there). Can you try again? Sorry about the inconvenience of this.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Don't know what you did, but it's syncing now! Thanks alot. Guess I should have come here sooner.

Sweet! Great to hear. Let me know if it starts acting difficult again.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm getting the '3 devices messages',  I'm not sure there is a problem though, so I thought I'd ask.  this is my setup

Access spotify from 5 different computers (roughly) from the same IP at home.

2 of them have music sync'd offline. 

I have 2 mobile devices, ipod touch, iphone4.

when either mobile device is plugged into the computer with spotify running on both the pc and the device , the '3 devices' message appears. I quit/restart the app on the ipod or iphone and all seems fine then, music syncs BUT it's resyncing the entire device.

can you remove one of the PCs from my profile from your end?   it [the pc] won't start right now, and I'd like to remove it , if 3 is the limit.

EDIT: did some testing, it appears that spotify sync's the last 3 devices... so i think i've rotated the bad pc out of the mix....

thanks,

Tim

I just received the message again... 😞 Are you showing 3 devices still? can we reset all the devices again? What should I do after all the devices have been reset? Do I need to uninstall the app from all the devices I currently have?

Suggested posts