Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies

Jennthesuperher - Just removed them for you. You shouldn't need to reinstall. Let us know if it sorts it.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I just recieved the >3 devices message, most likely because I just wiped my iPhone 4s, installed iOS6, then restored from backup. I won't ask why my phone doesn't realize it's the same device, but why can't I manage the devices I've registered through the Spotify application (mobile or on my Macbook)? A simple list of devices I've synched to that allows me to delete them. I had spotify synching to my old iPod Touch. How can I get that off my synch list?

same error. Refreshed some playlists and just opened spotify again and received the same error message. All tracks unsynced... I am not using more than 3 devices and one of those devices, I hardly ever use.

Beartech - we'd have to do it for you at the moment. Are you happy for us to go ahead with this? (Bear in mind that you will have to subsequently resync all your offline content).

Jennthesuperher - I can only see the one device on your account at the moment. So you shouldn't be getting this error at all. 

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Just received the error AGAIN. What could be causing this if I have no more than 3 devices accessing my spotify playlists? 😕 frustrated...

@Jennthesuperher wrote:

Just received the error AGAIN. What could be causing this if I have no more than 3 devices accessing my spotify playlists? 😕 frustrated...

I'm not quite sure to be honest. Please fill out our contact form to get directly in touch with our tech experts on this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I've got an iPhone at work, Xperia Ray as personal phone, a PC at home, a PC at my apartment and a laptop at work that I'm using Spotify on. The thing is that I get the message regarding offline sync withdrawn on all of my devices and that sucks! 
I have to re-sync all the lists 24/7, and I really need'em to be synced when I'm on the road, so I could have something to listen to!

I've always loved Spotify and I've had it for years, but this annoys the crap out of me.. Please do fix.

Cheers!

/Rolyboy

Hi Rolyboy - Sounds as though you're trying to sync to too many devices. You can have offline playlists on up to 3 devices per Premium account. 

What we can do is clear those devices so you can pick the 3 you'd like to use. So long as you only sync to those devices you shouldn't have to keep resyncing. How does that sound?

Sounds good! Reset them all and I'll re-sync to my phone, laptop and home PC 🙂

Thanks Meredith!

/Rolyboy

I'm having the same issue:  I have a macbook air, imac (for work), iphone and ipad.

I sync'd my ipad for the first time lastnight, as the ipad app is fantastic.  Everything was going fine, including macbook, iphone, pad, but when I got to work and started up spotify, my playlists have all gone offline 😞

I have just come across the issue of 3 device max.  However, I just use my iphone and computers so much more and would prefer to be able to use spotify on those, and disregard my ipad.

I've synced nearly 800 tracks to my offline playlists, and really don't want to have to redownload (the internet is incredibly slow where I'm staying at the moment).  My Macbook hasn't recieved the error message yet, and still retains all of my downloads, is it possible to leave this one in tact so that I can resync across all my devices? 

Can you sync tracks from Mac to Mac?  I just want to limit the amount of downlaoding that I do, anad don't want to have download heaps of songs again.

Also - It's a little misleading in your collateral when you use words like 'Unlimited' to get people to pay for premium accounts when they have a finite number of devices they can snyc to.  Your also limiting some of your more sophisitcated users to not being able to enjoy everything that you say you are.

Rolyboy - Sure, that's done for you now 🙂

northin - I'm afraid we're only able to clear all your devices or none at all. I won't be able to keep just your Mac playlists intact while clearing the others. 

Would you like us to go ahead proceed then?

Meredith,

I'd like my offline synced devices to be cleared as well. Thanks!

Done 🙂

Apart from difficulty-of-reset issues, I think another issue is that 3 is far too tight a limit. I have 6 devices I might want to use this (wonderful) service on: an iphone, an ipad, an ipod touch, a desktop mac, a desktop PC, and a laptop mac. I believe Apple allows up to 10 devices now for its own DRM'ed material. It'd be nice to have a PS3 client as well... I could easily see going up to 10 in the house. Why only allow connections from 3 devices?

Please increase this limit to something reasonable. I would think at least 5 is fair, if not 10.

The 3-device limit is demanded by our music licensing. Spotify can't change this limit unilaterally without renegotiation.

Hello! May someone have a look at my account as to why I can't synch offline tracks to my iPhone? Thanks

Hi Necronaut -  Are you receiving any error messages? I believe you may have been experiencing the temporary issue discussed here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/quot-Could-not-synchronize-playlists-Retrying-quot/td-p/...

Please try logging out and logging back in again. Let me know how that works for you. 

Hi again! No I haven't received any error messages. But I noticed I made a little mistake in my description. I can synch offline tracks just fine, but can't seem to synch local files from my spotify to my iPhone at all. I've tried uninstalling spotify on my pc and installing it again. And logging in and out. It has been quite a while since I've been able to synch local files at all. Last time a technician helped me with something in my account so that I was able to synch offline with my phone... Maybe something similar needs to be done again :) Thanks.

Hey all,

I have now created a dedicated thread for this specific issue here.

Please post there from now on for a device reset. Or direct users to that thread if they need it.

Thanks.

Suggested posts