Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PROFILE name in app

Solved!

PROFILE name in app

Hi, First up, I realise that we are unable to change our USER name and this is now a series of letters and numbers. No problem with that. When I log into the APP I seem to have a profile name of “Mel” under the picture icon and this I do want to change. This does not even appear under my details if I log onto the website. Also, how do I go about cancelling my old free account please? Many thanks Matt

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Look, this name is sync with Facebook account or is set when you create your account. So, what I bet is that or you typo the name when you created your account or it may be displaying a wrong Facebook name... 

After all, if you want, you can delete this account and than create a new one.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey, @user-removed 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

About your questions, first of all, your username came to a bunch of letters and numbers because probably you've disconnected from Facebook. You can get more info about that here.

And you can delete your useless accounts following some steps. Get info here.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help! 🙂

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Thanks so much for the help. I’ve now managed to resolve closing the old account.

I have now linked my FB account in the hope of resolving the profile name issue so I should know in 24 hours if that has worked.

As previously stated, it is only the Profile name that is actually bothering me (only visible in the app) rather than the user name but we will see.

Thanks again.

Matt

Yep, now you've connected your account to Facebook again, your name will be changed. But if it doesn't work, let me know.

And if you have any further questions, tell me.

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Alas it has now been 24 hours and no joy.

I may have to just delete my account and start again. So very irritating.

Thanks anyway

Matt

Hey again!

Could you give me more info? What device you're using, the OS and your Spotify version? Also if you can, clean reinstall the app on your device to see if it works, I know that can sound simple, but sometimes it helps...

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi Hezorg,

I have now done done the following:

1. Signed out everywhere
  2. Uninstalled the app everywhere
  3. Re-installed the app on my iPhone 7 running iOS 12.4
  4. When I access my account via Safari I have only a username (randomly generated)
  5. When I access through the app I have the same user name but also a “profile name” which is what I am trying to update

Many thanks for the help.

Matt

Marked as solution

Look, this name is sync with Facebook account or is set when you create your account. So, what I bet is that or you typo the name when you created your account or it may be displaying a wrong Facebook name... 

After all, if you want, you can delete this account and than create a new one.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Yeah, I think I’m fighting a lost cause here. I’ll cancel the account.

Thanks for trying anyway. All the best.

Matt

Suggested posts