France

Device

Galaxy S7, and Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello
Before all sorry for my english. 
Since sunday morning I try to recover my password without success.
I saw in the spam and others directory and nothing come. Just early this message I can connect by this desktop (because the desktop application was still sign on) but impossible to change the pass ( normaly... I forget it ^^ )
I was believed to get the solution by this way, and noooo 😞

I also was checked for to be sure the email address informed and it's ok.

Is it possible to get an assistance for recovery my main family account please ?

Thank in advance.
Regards.

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Could you try resetting your password using a different browser or incognito mode here? If that doesn't help, please let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Billy-J

Thank for your answer.

I did it. In incognito mode or not with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge on 2 Systems different ( this two one have 2 different IP )
Still No email 😞 May be the server is allergic at the email adress that end by @free.fr ^^

Hello

No answer ? Is it possible to escalate this ticket ? I'm developer and I'm pretty sure my account is just lock by security that need support team action.
I got some response of server that make me think this.
- 429 Too Many Requests ( I spam the forget password form, it's normal )
- 503 Service unavailable

Also the forget password function is the ABC from the moment you have users account interaction. So a human action is certainly required on my account that should just take 2 min...

I cancel my premium account, because nobody after one week can unlock my account.

Be sure i'm dissappointed and hope to see one day a charitable soul for recovery this account.

Regards
Steve

Hey @user-removed.

Sorry for the delay in replying! 

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. 

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've been locked out of changing my password due to ' 429 Too Many Requests'. If you have a VPN (There are a lot of free trials if you don't have a paid one); just switch to Sweden or something and it seems to work. Well, it worked for me anyway.

Hi there @Shamrockjpd,

Thanks for jumping in here with what worked out for you! 

If you get that error message, you just have to wait longer until you attempt to reset your password. Here's some additional info what to do if resetting the password didn't work.

We hope this helps!

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts