Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password changed by itself - cannot reset

Password changed by itself - cannot reset

Dear Spotify,

I was using Spotify fine yesterday (and for the past few months) on my Blackberry, laptop and ipad.

Lo and behold this morning when I tried to open spotify on my BB, it kept saying my password was wrong. I did manage however to log on whilst offline on the underground, and saw that there were songs and playlists that I had not added. Everytime I connected to wifi or mobile internet I would get kicked out again.

Tried on my ipad and laptop, password is again not accepted.

Tried to reset my password, again error.

My concern is that someone has hacked my account.

I've emailed support but I would much prefer someone provide me with immediate assistance.

My username is winstonluk.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

12 Replies

Hi there! Best course of action is to wait for Support. As long as your email hasn't been changed in the system, you should still get it. Reply back to their email even if it says (no-reply). Also, check your junk/spam folder to make sure you don't miss it!

You can reach them on Twitter as well via @SpotifyCares

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks

I'll keep an eye out for a response

very frustrating having to wait for the team to get back...

Just to confirm that your email address on your account is correct, did you get an automated reply when you got in touch?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yep i got an automated no-reply email

Spotify yet to do anything about this.

One email asking to confirm address and card details and radio silence thereafter.

Almost been a week.

Poor.

yep, same here, happened about a week ago while in the states visiting my mother. I didn't use it much so didn't consider it until right before I got back!

Contacted @spotifyCares as well as support andd only one automated reply, nothing yet. my account was obviously hacked though as it now has a hotmail email address attached. i was only able to connnect to my acccount as I connected facebook. so i logged in using facebook. obviously i can't cange the email address as I do not know the password!!  this is the email in case it's being used by others!

troep.spotify@hotmail.com.

I will cancel my account if I do not heaar back from support soon...

Unfortunately once things get into the hands of customer services we can't really offer anymore help since we can't see the cases.

As long as you have replied to that automated email, someone will get back to you as soon as they can however it can often take longer in these cases as the team do have some additional work to do before they reply to your email.

Peter

over a week

i've received one email asking for details and one automated email apologising they havent resolved as yet.

it said to respond if i had any queries so i sent loads of responses to the email to try and get some reaction

nothing as yet

am i ever going to get this fixed?

Could you post your 8-digit case number and I will ask someone from the community team to look into it?

Peter

Hi there,

It's 01697244. Appreciate your help looking into it.

My case was escalated last week, however I still haven't heard back.

They said they couldn't find my email address on their systems anywhere. 

So I sent them my spotify receipt with my username and email address.

So far nothing, no response, no 'we're working on it'. Why am I having to chase them for a service I paid for?

I've provided them with proof of payment and my (now apprently historic) account details. 

It's unbelievable how useless customer service are.

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks

Winston 

I'm asking about this for you now, hang in there.

Peter

Appreciate it

Suggested posts