Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist?

[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist?

It’s really annoying cause I don’t want your **bleep**ing suggestions. If I did then there’d be no point of creating a playlist with music that I LIKE. So stop. Seriously. Also stop adding more songs after I try to delete the ones you add. Please let me know how to shut this function off.

85 Replies

The 15 song or under excuse doesn't work in this case:

I have a premium account over 4 years old with over 500 songs in my default 'songs' favorites playlist. Checked that playlist today to find over 5 full albums of some french autotuned garbage added. Had to manually delete about 80 songs while new ones kept being added. 

Set my session to private and changed my password. Is it common to have your spotify account hacked and used to increase plays? If so I may have to cancel. 

I love spotify, and the last time I had this problem, the 15 songs rule fixed it instantly.Whowever; I am now facing a similar problem, but the songs just start playing out of nowhere, and where it should say my playlist name, it says Spotify. As I said before; I love spotify, and hope you can fix this.

Yours sincerely 

If you going into settings, you have to turn off auto play. However the annoying thing is that with every update, it resets to on again.

You've just lost a customer for life because of this you stupid cunts

if this is a way of trying to get ppl to get premium it doesnt work it doesnt make me want to get premium. it makes me want to pirate the songs and flip off spotify even tho i want to support the creators. 

ALRIGHT NO I HAVE MORE THAN FIFTEEN GODDAMBED SONGS IN MY DAMNED PLAYLIST AND IT STILL PLAYED SOME RANDOM**bleep** SONG IVE NEVER HEARD OF

I had Premium but I found this so annoying that I stopped my subscription and went with Amazon Unlimited. So far, no problems there.

I have the premium and it adds songs, changes how I listen to spotify connect instead of my speakers. This is so annoying, I think I will go do Pandora, I never experienced this problem  with Pandora.

I have over 100 playlist with more than 15 songs in them AND I STILL CAN'T PLAY MY MUSIC AND I HAVE PREMIUM! Wow I just had to scream that and hoping Spotify is paying attention.  Pandora looks real good right now!

My problem is that they are not adding songs to it because It’s to short. My playlist is over 20 songs but all of a sudden it will play a random song that’s not on my playlist and it’s really annoying because I can only skip so many songs so I can’t keep skipping over the songs I don’t want to listen to. 

Same here,

I think it's not a feature, it's a bug!

I only listen to electronic music and Spotify adds "Latin Music". I hate latin music, what kind of a crappy algorithm that suggests music that I never want to listen?

And those songs are added to my "Liked Songs" collection. wth?

If I were in the US, I would definitely use pandora. I really miss the old grooveshark and I hate the day I had to switch to spotify.

I have the paid version, created a playlist my kids like to dance to yesterday, and when I opened it today it's full of tracks I've never heard of.

I have premium.  Playlists still have unwanted tracks added to them.

@Saizon wrote:

It’s really annoying cause I don’t want your **bleep**ing suggestions. If I did then there’d be no point of creating a playlist with music that I LIKE. So stop. Seriously. Also stop adding more songs after I try to delete the ones you add. Please let me know how to shut this function off.

I have the same problem. I actually needed an app that could let you DOWNLOAD music for free. But since Spotify can't do that, I'll just deal with it. But the current problem is that Spotify is adding their own songs to my playlist. It shows the songs that I added, and then under that, it shows the songs that WE ADDED. I mean what's the point of a playlist if you don't even get the songs you actually want? If you try to DELETE the involuntary songs, they'll add even more! I think I should start using another app now.

@Saizon wrote:

I'm on the free version of Spotify and can put up with the adds and no skips

I noticed these added songs being added by Spotify. I have autoplay turned off. Using Spotify on laptop and phone.

It is happening even on lists of 100+ songs so the >15 song solution mentioned does not work (or at least for me) - I tried creating a new list with >15 songs and Spotify added more songs immediately

the added songs are invariably rubbish so this makes Spotify unusable

So thanks Spotify for the free service, it used to be great but no is not really a service anymore so I will be uninstalling and looking for alternatives

So you're saying i gotta watch 4 ads to not even be able to listen to the songs i wanna lisen to? i think im switching over to soundcloud

I just have the free version. I added extra songs to a playlist to make it more than 15 songs and other songs not on my playlist are still popping up when I listen to my playlist. Even if the suggested songs aren't saved to my playlist, is there a way to not have them start playing while I'm listening?

Thank you,

Jen

That did not fix the problem for me. I added extra songs so I had 16 in my playlist. When I listen to my playlist, Spotify still adds songs. Even if they don't save to my playlist, they are still there when I listen to it. It doesn't matter if they don't show up in my playlist, they are still there when I listen.

This "playlists under 15 songs" will be added to is **bleep**. I've got a playlist I curated myself that would take 3 days to listen to the whole thing and I'm still finding music I didn't put on it

This is seriously **bleep**!

I mean it's okay that you make us listen to adds, as many as you choose would be fine as long as we use free version. B U T  having us listen to **bleep** music that Spotify adds to my playlist makes Spotiy USELESS.

My taste is pretty random and Spotify naturally does not do a good job of guessing, and when I cant even skip the songs I hate well I just close spotify down.

At least add a function for unlimmeted skips of songs when something is added automatically and it would kinda work, but no I'm not listening to a buch of tunes I do not even like, there are other options then Spotify..

Ohh and yeah, it really does not matter if you have more then 15 songs, still happening. So for desktop I'll keep using spotify, but there is plenty other services for phone until this is solved.

Suggested posts