Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists I've made private and also DELETED still showing up publicly

Playlists I've made private and also DELETED still showing up publicly

A certain subset of my playlists (those created before 2015) are unresponsive to several changes I've tried to make regarding their availability:

1. Changing the playlist from public to secret has no effect and it can still be accessed by searching my profile on a different account (or even on my account)

2. Changing the name of the playlist similarly has no effect and it is displayed under its original name when searching my profile even though the name is updated in "My Playlists" on both the desktop and mobile app

3. Deleting the playlist has no effect on its availability and it can easily be found by searching my profile

I've went through many community posts regarding similar issues, yet I can't find any explanation for this problem nor any solution. My hunch is that some update to the playlist feature made after 2014 did not retroactively apply to playlists that preceded it. Whatever the case, I'm looking for answers and/or solutions. Please help

1 Reply

I think it's a bugg in the spotify system, You can write a ticket to them but i don't think you will receive a good answer, but give it a try!

Suggested posts