Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo linked account not working

Premium Duo linked account not working

I recently upgraded my account to Duo so my wife could use spotify. She previously had a free account which she used some years ago but in recent times had a paid subscription to another service. 

Since she signed up I've noticed no issues with my account but hers is unusable. She's unable to play music on her desktop as it insists on playing through her phone or my Xbox. It also refuses to play what she wants and instead insists on playing some random French techno. 

The problems are across her devices so it seems her whole account is faulty. As things stand she wants to cancel the subscription so hopefully the problems can be resolved!

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @FurQ.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

First, do you mind clarifying a few things:

• Does this only happen when using your wife's account on desktop, or does it also happen when she tries playing directly from her phone?
  • Is there any apparent pattern to the odd behaviour, or is it random?

Once we have that info, we'll know what to suggest next.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 😉

Hi Peter

It was happening on all her devices. I looked into it a bit more and it seems that her account became weirdly merged with someone in France. It was still her email address but the phone number on the account was a French one and whoever was the other account owner kept playing French music. 

She's created a new account which we've linked to the Premium Duo and that's working fine. But her old account still seems compromised. 

Hey @FurQ.

Thanks for getting back to me.

In that case, we suggest that your wife use the new account and that she close the old one. Before doing this, she can transfer all her saved music and playlists over to her new account by following the steps in this support article.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need any further help 😉

Suggested posts